• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone help with finding Abode Australia phone number?

New Here ,
May 14, 2011 May 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first experience at trying to purchase from Abode.  I placed an order for my son, educational discount, and went back 2 days later to send his photo ID as required.  I thought I did thi when I hit 'review and submit' but nothing happened.  I keep being diverted to USA when I try and find a phone number.

It looks like a simple email about a problem to the relevant country (or to any country!) isn't an option??

I wish I'd never ordered it, now I have to wait 5 days to see if they're going to post it or not - when I could go to a sensible site and have no problems.

This isn't worth the $35 student discount! (off their full price).  Other sites have a full price almost the same as the student price anyway.

I'm wasting my life.  Do they want business or not?  I've bought a lot on the internet.  This is pure crazy!

Anyway, if someone is more proficient around this rediculous site and can post the phone number for Abode in australia (or an email address) I would be thankful.  I'll NEVER go through this again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the forum in which the performance of the forum itself is discussed.

You don't mention what product you're ordering, or I'd be happy redirect you to a forum in which you might get more info on what you're seeking.

Just a general comment...  The educational discount is generally a large portion of the price (meaning the discount is quite deep).  What you wrote about only getting $35 off seems at odds with that fact.

And while I can appreciate your frustration with Adobe's Customer Service, you take on the risk of getting pirated or counterfeited software if you purchase elsewhere.

FYI, a Google search turns up this:

AdobeAustralia.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lyn,

Customer Service

Australia: 1800 614 863

A Noel says, the student discount price should be much lower.

As far as I remember, a price of US$300 for a Student edition of a CS5 Suite has been mentioned recently, It is more expensive outside the US of A, but it should not be more than about 50% more, so some AU$450 - 500 might be the price level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to my age and other circumstances, I tend to make a lot of typing mistakes, which I try to correct before posting. However, I am amazed at the number of people who systematically write "Abode" for "Adobe". Any explanation from native English speakers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh, I never even noticed it until you pointed it out.

I read that someone did a study once, and found that because of the way the language centers of the brain are organized if you put all the right letters in a word, get the first and last letter in the right places, but scramble the rest of them, a sentence of such words is still almost perfectly readable.  Perhaps the Adobe/Abode mistake is related to that.

For eaxplme, you can atclulay fuigre out waht tihs snetncee syas ptrtey esilay.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is actually a piece put out by a Major University that floated around on the Internet.  I read it when it was posted on email group I belong to I even translated, and posted the translation on that group.

A lot of me that didn't take typing when we were in high school. At the time,  it wasn't cool to take typing. Boys took industrial Arts, Girls took typing, and Home Ec. Any way a lot of use Hunt & Peck typing and its easy to swap b's and d's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

-Noel

No, for tihs non nvaite Egilnnsh spaeekr it wsan't esay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

The same is true for me (another non-native English speaker/reader/writer); I just see gibberish.

And as Claudio, I was wonering what 'Abode' could mean?  I didn't even think it was a misspelled Adobe - it's a different word for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

It means what the fair forums were, and what these new ones should be (in a better (not bitter) way), for the natives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

The same is true for me (another non-native English speaker/reader/writer); I just see gibberish.

That's very interesting.  Out of curiosity, for those of you who don't see the words easily in that sentence (or Claudio's), did you learn English when you were very young or when you were older?

It may say that parallel/redundant neural language pathways are generated during early childhood development that just can't be duplicated (or are already used up) when learning English as a second language.

Can you do the same thing to words in your native languages and easily see the meanings?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ist Grade was just basic  learning numbers and Learning to Print the ABC's 2nd grade was when they actually started teaching English. I still wasn't great at it.  I was good a Stuff like Algebra and Trig in highschool. same stuff 2nd snd 2rd graders are learning now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

Out of curiosity, for those of you who don't see the words easily in that sentence (or Claudio's), did you learn English when you were very young or when you were older?

I never formally learnt English; I never had an English lesson in my life.  But I started learning English in my 20s by reading all these big IBM manuals from cover to cover, with a dictionary on the side.  Later, in my 30s, I started reading literature in English, and I do so til today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

That's very interesting.  Out of curiosity, for those of you who don't see the words easily in that sentence (or Claudio's), did you learn English when you were very young or when you were older?

-Noel

Not counting very poor English lessons at school, I also never formally learned English. However, I started reading books in English very early in my life, probably before I was 6 (I learned to read when I was 4). And by "books" I mean everything, from J. P. Woodehouse to Shakespeare, although I probably started with Rider Haggard...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, probably not the "reason," but in some geo-locations and cultures, an adobe is an abode...

Now, and for me, I have auto-correct, in programs supporting it, set for some of MY common typing errors, such as teh for the, and fi for if. Why my fingers do these things to me, is unknown, as I have been typing for over 50 years? If anyone should be better at this, it should be me, but it's not.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

in some geo-locations and cultures, an adobe is an abode...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AV2M0YwKF6c/SvDE1Zcy90I/AAAAAAAAExY/jSrXJwxNtEk/s320/Lotam_Mud_Hut.jpg

http://static.relax.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/relax/4384/topImage.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Why my fingers do these things to me, is unknown, as I have been typing for over 50 years? If anyone should be better at this, it should be me, but it's not.

Hunt

Most probably, just because of those over 50 years. As in  my case... At times it's difficult to accept that one is no longer ... 50! .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Well, probably not the "reason," but in some geo-locations and cultures, an adobe is an abode...

Hunt

More precisely, many abodes are made of adobes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this survey gives some important answers.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/matt.davis/cmabridge/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

I believe this survey gives some important answers.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/matt.davis/cmabridge/

Yes, that's what I remember reading.  Thanks for finding that link.

Note the comment that seems pertinent to the Abode/Adobe question:  "At the same time, though, people are quite often unaware of these misspellings"

I suspect this is strengthened by the fact that 'b' and 'd' are obviously similar.

Note also that ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ has made a similar transposition...  Assuming he was trying for an upside down "pat", wouldn't a 'd' have been better than a 'b' - i.e., ʇɐd ɹəuəllıʍ?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel Carboni wrote:

Note also that ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ has made a similar transposition...  Assuming he was trying for an upside down "pat", wouldn't a 'd' have been better than a 'b' - i.e., ʇɐd ɹəuəllıʍ?

-Noel

I know, I know...

I use that display name in several forums, and in many of these places they now call me qat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines