• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change my email

Contributor ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to change the email address in my Adobe profile, I enter the new info in the form but then it says "an error occurred".

First time on the new forum, seems quite buggy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried again... now when I click to change my email there is no error and it goes back to my profile page unchanged, still the old email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finderdesigner wrote:

…now when I click to change my email there is no error and it goes back to my profile page unchanged, still the old email address.

Well, it is through your Profile Page that you need to change your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to do, change my email on my profile page. That's where I get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached screenshot for error. Email addresses blurred out for obvious reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patience. it takes a while for virus check to see if your sending virus in the attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your email address comes from your Adobe ID and is not part of your forum profile. Each time you log in the forum gets the address from your Adobe ID. So there is no place to change your email addresss in the forums. You have to go out to your Adobe ID information at Adobe.com to change it. There is a link to your Adobe profile. Click on Your Stuff in the bar at the top of the forum. Click on Profile. Then click on Edit Adobe Profile in the Action panel. This will take you out of the forums to a page at Adobe.com that says Edit Your Account Information. There you should see a Change button next to your Adobe ID / E-mail (and an alert that changing your email address will change your Adobe ID).

If that is not working please call the Adobe Customer Service foks at 800-833-6687. There isn't anything we can do from the forum side to change your account information at Adobe.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate all the help, but you guys are not reading my posts. I am not talking about my forum profile. As stated above, I am talking about my Adobe Profile, and I have already gone through the steps to change the email on my Adobe Profile and all I get is an error message. Maybe next year the screenshot I attached will be approved and you can see what I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're going to the right place to change your email address but that you're getting an error. Best thing to do would be to reach out to Customer Service. As John and the others were saying, this is a problem related to your Adobe ID and cannot be resolved by anyone on the Forums side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finerdesigner wrote:

Maybe next year the screenshot I attached will be approved and you can see what I'm talking about.

Use the camera icon in the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a JPEG, it still says it's queued. No matter anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera icon  = instant upload

Attach Files = wait up to a couple of days.

That's why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Attach Files = wait up to a couple of days.

Or weeks... maybe even months... but this last we need to check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a short while, I'd say about a week ago, image attachments at least were zipping straight through. Looks like the pipes are silted up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given the ability to show images via the camera icon, surely images at least should be exempt from virus checking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines