Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Change Profile Email Address

Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my profile, my name and email address have red stars beside them. They cannot be changed even in edit profile. I need to put in my current email adress. Your answers will go to my dead email address, so I'll have to keep checking in here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not meant to solve your issue, but my advice is to use the web interface to access these forums, not e-mail.

For one thing, any edits that are made by posters to their own posts—such as correcting typos and factual errors—are never broadcast to email users.  So you can never be sure the answer you get by email does not contain errors of some kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using email to access the forum. I have a dead email address in my profile and want to change it to my current one, but when I am in the profile edit mode, I can't do it. The old email address has a red star beside it if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your forums profile is attached to your AdobeID - the name and email address can't be changed independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to Adobe main website (adobe.com) then sign then you can (should) be able to go to account. and change your email address. You have to be careful, as if done wrong  you can lose all serial numbers, and records of your purchases.

Best to use chat. When comes up describe what you need. They put you in touch with an account person that can do it for you.

I had to endure an email change and it took about a month to get everything straightened out.  My recommendation is sign up to a Major ISP such as Comcast, Road Runner to begin with and stay wedded to it for life. Don't use a Locally grown ISP's that easily get spam.

They make the procedure about as easy as someone down and out living on the street getting an audience with The Queen of England or the Pope, or the US President.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear! I guess I can just do as I have done with this and keep the forum window open until I get an answer!

Thakns@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed my Adobe ID (email address) some time ago, and I don't remeber having any difficulty doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted, your email address is not part of your forum account, it gets picked up from your Adobe ID. Instructions for changing your email address are at http://forums.adobe.com/message/1877503#1877503

Unfortunately, none of us in Forums have access to your Adobe account to make any changes on it. If you can't make the change you will need to contact Customer Service .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i changed my profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines