Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this – any explanation?

error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen that before. Usually happens when someone else is editing/posting in the thread at the same time OR I have gotten logged out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still not posting? If so, please send the contents of the message in an email to the userforum mailbox.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has gone away.  

I too thought maybe someone was editing but I kept trying at different places in the forum and even logged in and out with no improvement. However it has cleared itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I am getting this – any explanation?

error.jpg

You've been banned! Naughty, naughty!! Who's yank have you been chaining?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin,

How do you capture those screen images?  Is it just Prnt-Scrn and using some third party software to crop the image to fit here?  Please let me know as your picture size and resolution are exactly what I need for something else.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SnagIt.

http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp?gclid=CJbMnPDE66ICFSCY2AodpiavbA

They have a free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was taken with the spe

cial tool in Windows 7 (Vista

also had it). My

OS is in Spanish, and the Spanish name of the t

ool means something like "cut out".

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of the site.

Recorte.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, was this happening only when trying to post a reply? Or were you also seeing it when trying to start a new topic?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It first occured replying to that specific post (in the screenshot) in the PS Win forum. After several unsuccessful attempts I then tried unsuccessfuly to reply to another and to start a new topic.

It was about this point that I closed Firefox and logged back in to the forums – it still did not work in PS Win but now I was able to start this thread in here.

Subsequently, after a wait, I tried again and all was back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know whether it's related, but during the current slow page loading the progress bar sticks here for ages.

Stats.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen this before a bunch of times, and not in Firefox, so it's a server side problem (well, obviously I guess). 

The Jiveware "programmers" couldn't be bothered to type in an actual descriptive, helpful error message I suppose.

I'll have to make a note of what I was doing when it next happens, I didn't know admins weren't aware this was a problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines