• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use trial - error message: "architechture" won't support program

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run CS4 photoshop on my Macbook Pro - but now I can't run the trial of either photoshop or dreamweaver - the error says the architecture (of my machine) won't support the program. I'm wondering if anyone knows a work around. I called apple - they say that Adobe just hasn't gotten the trials to work with the newer operating systems of OSX. If that is true it seems like bad business since photoshop is their flagship graphics program and Mac are the graphics computers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you runing an Intel Mac or a PowerPC mMac many companies are abandoning PPC code and coding directly for Intel Mac's only in Snow leapord it won't even run on a PowerPC Machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your help.

I have the brand new version of Macbook Pro with osx 10.5.7 2.66 GHz

Intel Core 2 Duo,

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I think it is that the trial isn't for the most recent OSX.

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your correct. As suggested by JJ with proper link, re-ask your question that Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4 runs fine in the latest version of Leopard, 10.5.7.

It sounds more like that the hard drive was formatted as case sensitive, which won't work, or just another MacBoook issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

CS4 runs fine in the latest version of Leopard, 10.5.7.

It sounds more like that the hard drive was formatted as case sensitive, which won't work, or just another MacBoook issue.

I never understood why apple added those additional  formats such as case sensitive with the start of OSX.4.x.   In X.3.x  they didn't have case sensitive formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

In X.3.x  they didn't have case sensitive formatting.

Yes it did.

You really need to get your facts straight before you go posting.

OSX 10.2 also supported Case Sensitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Confusion will be my epitaph..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I was aware of?

And I've formatted several Hard drives.  Not every day but I have done so. X.4 was the first I noticed the additional formatting types.

there has always been for matting for Unix formatting anf for file system used on windows.  These extra version for Case sensitive I didn't see until OX.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just because you did not see it does not mean it was not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True. No argument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mlrmlrmlr wrote:

I have run CS4 photoshop on my Macbook Pro - but now I can't run the trial of either photoshop or dreamweaver - the error says the architecture (of my machine) won't support the program. I'm wondering if anyone knows a work around.

Ask in the Photoshop Mac forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines