• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't we preview posts in this Jived up forum??

Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something in the UI here? Why can't we do this basic function that all forums (even Jurassic DinoForum 1.0) provide?

So wow, no preview, really? Is there an option to enable it maybe? It's kind of a standard forum feature, you would think.

Sorry if this is an old topic--I would have done a search, but I don't feel like digging in the mile-long forum list to find this forum. Thanks Jive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview... hell! Why bother? Just Jive dude, just Jive... and if you get bored of Jivin', try a Samba or a Rhumba, or a Foxy Trotty, a Twisty, a Tangy Tango, smhatzy waltzy, a wahtever.. it doesn't really matter, just put on your dancing shoes.. and, if some people fall asleep, let them... It's a free world after all.. or at least trying to be free...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reply box gives a pretty good preview and, if you spot an error when you've posted, you can edit immediately.

So what's your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often find myself copying the reply I've written, going back to the original post to check something said by someone other than the last poster, then going back and re-replying...   Didn't the old forum just let you see the whole thread above your reply box?  A preview would partially solve this, as you could preview and check back and then edit.

Speaking of edit, still somewhat related to the OP, I don't use the email function at all.  If someone posts and then edits, will you get 2 emails from that posting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Joslin wrote:

The reply box gives a pretty good preview and, if you spot an error when you've posted, you can edit immediately.

So what's your problem?

Unhelpful answer. j/k  No really, it's not quite the same.  You could say the same about almost any forum's reply box--so why do they all have preview buttons?

The size of the input text box isn't the same as the forum's width. More complex text formatting or when inserting code clips, this can make a huge difference in readability.

AND WHY IS IT SAYING "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED" WHEN I TRY TO POST THIS MESSAGE???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines