• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can these forums NOT log me out in the middle of a reply.

Valorous Hero ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is becoming a daily event for me.

My work flow currently is something like this:

1) At the beginning of my work day, I review my e-mails and RSS reader for new messages to the Forums I monitor.

2) I'll usually find a couple to whichI feel I can contribute support.

3) I'll click on a link to fire up a browsers for a reply, since the e-mail reply feature is too buggy for my taste and there is yet any other type of replacement for NTTP type interactions.

4) Since it is usually about 24 hours since I last logged into the Forums, I am usually still logged in.  So I click a "Reply" link and bring up the form to post a message.

5) During the time I am composing the message my 24 hour login period expires.  When done typing, I click the "Post Message" control and boom.  I am told I can not post a message.  That I must login again.

Fine, I need to login again, but that message that I may have spent quite some effort composing is GONE!  I can not click the back button to retrieve it because of the DHTML nature of the message form.  The login process does not remember my post.  It is just gone and I have to re-compose it after I login again.

This is just a really poor user experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for reply from other person they are correct.

On occasion: just above subject  in white area when yo go to reply again; you will see a little area in yellow with red print whih a message something on order of: adobe forums has detected some content. Do you wish to use or discard and try again. Choose to Try.

Everytime this message come up and I click use. its the message I had written. before getting kicked off.

Next time it should come up, then click on use in the message. If it ends up Garbled. you can always remove and start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to report this in the "More progress" thread, but I have just found out that it has been locked. I am therefore posting it here, as this seems at first sight the only discussion more or less related with this.

I finished writing a longish message in another thread using a Vista/Explorer laptop, and clicked the Post message button. The progress bar began to move extremely slowly, so I made a successful attempt to copy and paste the text to another application. I then continued waiting for my message to be posted, but the progress bar soon seemed to get stuck. I then went to do something else in the meantime, and returned in some 5 minutes.

Well, there was no sign of any progress and soon found that Explorer had frozen. So I restarted Explorer, came back to this forum and saw that my message hadn't been posted (it should have been #1, and there was only one message after the OP). So I openen the thread, clicked on the Reply button of the OP and... I couldn't believe my eyes! At the upper part of the screen there was a message saying that a saved version of my post was available, and asking me if I wanted to use it or not (the wording may have been very different, and I wasn't smart enough to take a screenshot of the window).

So I chose "use saved version" (or whatever) and I got back my lost message, complete to the last dot!!!

I am reporting this because I had seen it in my Mac/Firefox, and seem to remember having read several times that this is a Firefox only feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the bottom line:

The Adobe team, led by John C, is doing everything humanly possible to fix things.  But Jive Software is an abysmally poor piece of software run by utterly incompetent individuals and chosen by remote members of the gargantuan Adobe bureaucracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Here's the bottom line:

The Adobe team, led by John C, is doing everything humanly possible to fix things.  But Jive Software is an abysmally poor piece of software run by utterly incompetent individuals and chosen by remote members of the gargantuan Adobe bureaucracy.

This is pretty obvious, what's not obvious is why we aren't back on the old software yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be no set pattern for this.  Sometimes I am logged out during the day, especially if I disconnect from internet.

But many days when I start my computer in the morning then visit bookmarked web page I am still logged in.  That is after about 11 hours of having compter off.

So how does this compute?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curt y wrote:

There seems to be no set pattern for this.  Sometimes I am logged out during the day, especially if I disconnect from internet.

But many days when I start my computer in the morning then visit bookmarked web page I am still logged in.  That is after about 11 hours of having compter off.

So how does this compute?

My own situation regarding logouts is a carbon copy of the above. With the exception that I have been logged out several times while writing a message, which I would think is a clear sign that I had been active for the last few minutes (no, I don't go out for lunch in the middle of writing a message). Last time this happened was earlier today, and there were changes in what happened afterwards which I think deserve reporting.

When I finished writing my message and clicked on gthe Post Message button, I got this:

1.jpg

I therefore used the Login/Register button to re-login, and when I finished, I got this:

2.jpg

Please note that:

1, My name is in both Welcomes.

2. The first error message is asking me for a title, but there is one.

3. The second error message (not shown, at the bottom of the message window) said something in the sense that I couldn't post a message without any text/content.

I assumed that everything was lost, so I closed Explorer and went to do something else. About half an hour later, I came back, opened the same thread, and clicked on the Reply button of the same message I had been replying, and was surprised to get this:

3.jpg

I naturately clicked on the Use Recovered button. Unfortunately, this time I was not so lucky, for I only recovered about the first half of my message. Which was of course much better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you have done that helps eplain  posts I have on this subject. You are at least showing the yellow warning item about using a saved version message you typed before being booted off while writting a reply.

I suspect that the cache  used for thiis limited. and perhaps your reply exceeded the size of the cache used to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

One thing you have done that helps eplain  posts I have on this subject. You are at least showing the yellow warning item about using a saved version message you typed before being booted off while writting a reply.

I suspect that the cache  used for thiis limited. and perhaps your reply exceeded the size of the cache used to save.

Your comment is neither correct nor relevant.

The software has a fault and this seems to be compounded by the random logging-out behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was commenting to the specific post as to why half his missing reply showed up instaed of the whole thing.

None of us know why The rendom Logging problem Not even myself.

I did make a comment above this to another thread in the subject where I had the radom log of happen to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines