Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we dump the answered stars???????

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bad Idea. what if a nube thinks a question is answered but its the wrong answer. the stars will be perpetuating bad information and much good discussion goes on after what might be the answer.

Answer stars a bad idea in this forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other suggestion/option is to not make it the default setting. Don't know if either is possible, but I agree for the most part that it creates more problems than it solves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My impression is that the vast majority of newbies posting on Web forums don't bother reading past posts at all. Most don't even bother using the search features. The few exceptions smart enough to search past posts also seem smart enough to make better judgements about the answers.

Just recently - again - I read a new Web forum-posted question that was discussed only a few hours earlier. Exasperated, I logged into the forum and, sure enough, both threads were still on the first page - with nearly identical subject lines. AFAICT, that is the norm for Web-based forums.

I doubt those answer stars will have much effect at all on newbie questions. The only effect I've noticed is that sometimes an OP thinks they've "closed the subject" by marking something as answered - as if that locks the thread or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

I doubt those answer stars will have much effect at all on newbie questions. The only effect I've noticed is that sometimes an OP thinks they've "closed the subject" by marking something as answered - as if that locks the thread or something.

Finally another voice of sanity in this subject.

Folks I wish you would spend most of your energy on getting the main issues fixed: <ie> an easy way to go to unread messages since last visit.

This other stuff is superflous and for obvious reasons isn't worth the time and energy discussing them for the reasons illustrated in Mark's post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know what we get as we amass points! do we get free adobe swag or something?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your contribution is helpful, you will earn Adobe Community points that you can use to grow your community reputation or earn nomination to be an expert moderator for Community Help.

http://blogs.adobe.com/communityhelp/2008/09/

Although that was when you could only get points by posting on Community Help but i haven't found anything more recent than that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

I want to know what we get as we amass points! do we get free adobe swag or something?!!

In your dreams.

I think we should all get a free Master collection for putting up with this new forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

by Buko wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

In your dreams.

I think we should all get a free Master collection for putting up with this new forum.

Gosh, guess I'll have to talk to the bosses about getting me something more than this toy machine they have at the front desk. 256 k ram ain't gonna begin swallowing the Master Collection! I don't think you get decent stuff even at shows anymore. Once upon a time I used to go to what I called Microsoft propaganda-fests, when they used to give away real software. Then they started giving away crippled stuff and I kinda lost interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines