Mentor ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been reported a dozen times.

It is allegedly a forum malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it's him. Something similar happened to me with an email reply I sent from Opera Email. http://forums.adobe.com/message/1884598#1884598

Dorothy K did shut down that thread.

I never had the problem with iPhone email replies, but I haven't used an email reply since that incident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's what I'd call cheesy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

I'm not sure it's him. Something similar happened to me with an email reply I sent from Opera Email. http://forums.adobe.com/message/1884598#1884598

Dorothy K did shut down that thread.

I never had the problem with iPhone email replies, but I haven't used an email reply since that incident.

Shut that one down. And reopened Marks to make sure it won't start up again.

Does anyone know if the other was sent from opera as well? (Cant read back to check... even in this thread. 'nother thing I dislike.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Does anyone know if the other was sent from opera as well? (Cant read back to check... even in this thread. 'nother thing I dislike.)

sda's? i can ask him tonight if he doesn't see this by then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark's old thread picked up where it left off when I unlocked it so it got locked down again. So we know that threads that it happens in need to stay locked while the engineers are figuring it out. If people see that happening anywhere in the forums, feel free to click a report abuse link in the thread so it can get reported. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. And my entire network was powered down last night (computers deserve a break now & again, too).

At least two of S.D.A.'s auto-posters are likely from email (I can't say which program):

Judging by the line returns here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415749?tstart=0

And by the old email format "A new message was posted in thread..." for this one:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1883832#1883832

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark, there should be enough info for them to chew on awhile.

I haven't said... I really like your logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dorothy!

The original 3D anim was created about 100 years ago (last century, anyway) using either Silver or Turbo Silver on an Amiga 2500 with the 'new' Motorola 68020 processor. Killer machine at 14MHz, 3MB RAM, and capable of displaying 4096 colors on multiple screens & resolutions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I was wondering the other day why you have become a target?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say that it's just acknowledging the fact that certain members have decided that I make a good one. I get a huge giggle out of it actually. Sometimes I wish some of them could see themselves through other's eyes. Generally tho, the only perspective they are willing to look at is their own. So I mostly just let them be who they are... and others can make up their own minds, based on what people post. But it does make me less willing to volunteer my time trying to help figure out the software and the best ways to work with it. I think it's been a bit better lately, tho that may be because I've been reading much more selectively and not bothering with topics that I know are nothing more then a place to moan about how horrible it all is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

Thanks Dorothy!

The original 3D anim was created about 100 years ago (last century, anyway) using either Silver or Turbo Silver on an Amiga 2500 with the 'new' Motorola 68020 processor. Killer machine at 14MHz, 3MB RAM, and capable of displaying 4096 colors on multiple screens & resolutions!

You must be a youngster... the first computer I bought came with some kind of cassette tape adapter... because it had no memory at all. It had some rom to boot itself, but from there it depended on reading off a tape to load a program. Man... what a trip down memory lane... I had a couple toddlers at the time, and we used to play the games we typed the programs in from this book (and others):

book-colorcomputerplayground.jpg

Image swiped from site where I also found what I think the computer was (the Color Computer 1)... tho I'm scratching my head over what it had for a monitor. http://www.trs-80.com/wordpress/trs-80-computer-line/coco/

In '88 I upgraded to an 8088!! With CGA! Whoo!!

(We'll need a new thread for tripping down memory lane for sure!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(We'll need a new thread for tripping down memory lane for sure!)

Until then, and since this thread has essentially been answered, it's as good as any - at least until the subject title becomes self-fulfilling.

You must be a youngster...

Oh, I yam, I yam!

But I didn't say anything about it being the first computer for me .

That one had a room full of teletype terminals & I never saw the computer itself. The first computer I worked on seriously had a whopping 8KB of RAM (on 8 circuit boards). It did not have a microprocessor, but the CPU took up a couple of circuit boards. The main interface for us technicians was an octal-coded binary light panel. Regular users had a monochrome terminal. We did hook up card reader, a paper tape drive, and a set of mag tape cartridge drives. And the line printer was killer fast! Faster than most lasers, now that I think of it, though forget about graphics beyond ASCII art 🙂

I didn't have a trash-80, but a friend did. Didn't it use a TV monitor? I could easily be misremembering...I am a youngster, dagnabbit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I didn't say anything about it being the first computer for me .

That one had a room full of teletype terminals & I never saw the computer itself. The first computer I worked on seriously had a whopping 8KB of RAM (on 8 circuit boards). It did not have a microprocessor, but the CPU took up a couple of circuit boards. The main interface for us technicians was an octal-coded binary light panel. Regular users had a monochrome terminal. We did hook up card reader, a paper tape drive, and a set of mag tape cartridge drives. And the line printer was killer fast! Faster than most lasers, now that I think of it, though forget about graphics beyond ASCII art 🙂

I didn't have a trash-80, but a friend did. Didn't it use a TV monitor? I could easily be misremembering...I am a youngster, dagnabbit!

I mostly missed out on having jobs working with computers early on, but I was an IBM Monitor in High School and have a picture in the yearbook of me at whatever the machine was called that punched the cards. Man... bins and bins of cards, one for every semester for every student in every class. Glad I never dropped a bin! Most exciting was probably when a fellow that graduated a few years earlier got some press for something or other, and we had to dig out all the cards about him to recreate his school history. Amazingly inefficient!!

There was some really good ASCII art. Interesting stuff made with discarded IBM cards as well.

Probably TV as monitor, yes, tho likely a small dedicated one.

A CGA shareware game called Sherlock from The Software Labs (pre-internet, and the BBS was a per minute long distance call, so software d/l's were out of the question) was the first really colorful (16 colors!!) program we had for the 8088, and really enjoyed.

My how times have changed... in what, 25 years?!? Any platau in sight yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was some really good ASCII art.

Do you like ASCII art? Do you have access to Usenet? If so, you might find alt.ascii-art interesting. I lurk in there 2 or 3 times a year, just for fun. It's mostly spammed out by google groupers now, but there is still some good stuff now & again.

I've lost my touch for creating it - not that I was ever any good at it.

Note: Set your newsreader to a monospaced font when reading that newsgroup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Mark's old thread picked up where it left off when I unlocked it so it got locked down again. So we know that threads that it happens in need to stay locked while the engineers are figuring it out. If people see that happening anywhere in the forums, feel free to click a report abuse link in the thread so it can get reported. Thanks!

I just noticed that my first auto-posting hiccup message from http://forums.adobe.com/message/1884598#1884598 bounced back to me about 1.5 hours ago. I assume it has something to do with troubleshooting the problem. The bounced messages says,

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

but it doesn't provide an email address. The reply would go to MAILER-DAEMON@<domain name> so I'm doubtful it would be seen by human eyes & I didn't try postmaster@<domain name>.

I'm just posting this here in case they wanted to know about it.

[Edit]

I forgot to include the following that may/may not be helpful. I can also supply the full message with headers if needed.

<[snip]@mail.forums.adobe.com>: host
    [snip IP][[snip IP]] said: 450 Problem attempting to execute
    commands. Please try again later. (in reply to end of DATA command)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might that IP address you removed from the message be 10.137.24.42?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, indeed. Here is the actual line:

10.137.24.42[10.137.24.42] said: 450 Problem attempting to execute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another similar forum malfunction?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1893089?tstart=0#1893089

The times are pretty spread out between the 7 times the message was posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, thanks. Locked it down. Will make sure John lets the engineers have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines