• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we stop you guys marking your own answers correct?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know usually you are. But if you post a question and the answer does not work for the original user who posted, they then don't get any more answers. I have been searching for how to find extended license photos on Adobe, but every post has moderators just sending people to the explanation page of what each license needs. I have also asked the question, a moderator just put the same link as on other to what each license means and marked it as correct.

Maybe give us a "mark as correct answer" like many other forums.

It's quite frustrating.

Edit: Give the user who posted the question the ability to mark as correct, obviously not everyone or we would have the same problem.

TOPICS
Feature request , General Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have the ability as the Original Poster to mark a reply to your thread as correct.  I would also expect that since you are able to mark a post correct, that you could mark a post not correct.

This user, not a moderator, was able to do so:

soul.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say I've been finding the "Correct Answer" frustrating in the new forums. Quite often, someone, not the OP, marks a post as correct that quite obviously isn't a correct answer - it almost feels like they used "correct" as "like"?

I don't know. I just feel like the "correct" answer has been less correct since the move to the new forums.

I also don't think the "correct" answer should be highlighted or displayed on the community discussion page. Because there can be more than one "correct" answer now, and listing only one is extremely misleading as it's only the most recent to be marked correct. More useful with this new method would be to have a field: "Number of correct answers: 5" or something like that. In my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry,

I have alerted some (other) friends about this issue for further considerations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry,

I have learned two things that may hopefully help you and others manage the marking of your threads:

It is necessary to be signed in to see the clickable Correct Answer option at the bottom of the post in question; it is possible to go to the forum, maybe following a link in an email notification, and see the post without being signed in. You can see whether you are by the avatar at the top right of the web page, or click the Sign in button there if you are not.

When you can see the Correct Answer option in the post, you can click it to mark an unmarked post as (one of) the Correct answer(s, there may be multiple Correct answers), and equally importantly you can also click it to unmark if the post is wrongly marked as a Correct answer, thereby setting things right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not mark your own answers as correct.  It does not work that way.  Thank goodness. 

When someone replies to you.  Write them a response letting them know if their answer solved it or not.  This will let moderators know if the person actually was able to answer your question correctly.  If you wait two weeks to reply then someone might assume that your question was answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you can if you are a mod.

But I agree the correct answer does not work here on this forum anymore.

All too confusing: nested replies, different quenstions in the same thread. Its a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines