Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can You Buy A Product For Someone Else?

Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone i'm new to the forum hopefully i'll get some help to resolve my problem,

Question is can you buy a product for someone else? I bought Adobe creative suite 5.5 master collection for someone for a xmas present which i got under the student teacher discount i have sent the proof of the person who its for and given Adobe the product code but because the email was sent from me and not the person whos name was on idenity card they won't validate it, Do i just lose my money or is there something i can do?

Thanks in advance for help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legally, Student versions of Adobe software cannot be transferred.

What you wanted to do was not legal.   [See edit below]

If you are within 30 days of the purchase date, contact Adobe customer service and see if you are eligible for a refund.

====

EDIT:  I may have misconstrued your post.  But, in any event, contact Adobe Customer Service to straighten this out.

We can't help you here.  We are all end users just like you.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

Message was edited by: Tai Lao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note I edited my previous post:

EDIT:  I may have misconstrued your post.  But, in any event, contact Adobe Customer Service to straighten this out.

We can't help you here.  We are all end users just like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a nutshell:

The person whose name is on the student ID card MUST also be the end user of the product.

As I said, if you are within 30 days of the purchase date, contact Adobe customer service and see if you are eligible for a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the person on the ID card is the person who will be using it every thing is correct with the proof the product code the only thing wrong as far as i can tell is i sent them an email to validate in my name as i wanted it done for xmas, i also so thought it had to be validated within a certain time after xmas they'll be able to send them an email themselves just didn't want to run out of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Border kid wrote:

…i also so thought it had to be validated within a certain time…

Although I personally doubt that two and a half weeks will make that much difference, as I said:

…in any event, contact Adobe Customer Service to straighten this out.  We can't help you here.  We are all end users just like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, last week I buy Cs 5 for my girl friend, now she is going to start designing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines