• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install PFM font file in Windows 7

Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not able to install a PFM font file within the Windows 7 font directory.. I have tried by right clicking on the file and 'dragging and dropping' the file, either way I receive an error message indicating that the "file does not appear to be a valid font'. I have full permissions on my machine. The file was sent over as an email attachment, could the file be corrupt?

The file is called "GEI_rg.pfm".

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that an Adobe font?

For all things Windows search http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure...I had not heard of a font with the PFM extension until today. I have a feeling that related files were not sent along with the .PFM file. However, I did receive a true type version of the font afterwards. Everything is OK now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For future reference, apparently installing old Type 1 postscript fonts on Windows 7 can be a bit tricky. There is an thread HERE where Dov Isaacs explains how to do it.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type 1 Postscript fonts come as a pair of files - PFM and PFB. One's the binary data that defines the shapes of each glyph, the other is the metrics table. You need both.

PostScript fonts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines