Highlighted

Cannot log out of the forums...

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About some of the new problems in these forums, Jochem wrote in another thread (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2399480#2399480)

I figured out what is going on. As soon as you log in your profile settings are partially reset. At the very least your "Last Name" is set to "Hide", not sure which other profile settings are reset when you log in.

As for me one of the main problems is that I was given a new identity, I decided to give this a try. Therefore, I used the "Sign out" button of the top row, logged in again using my normal ID and password, and found that apparently there had been no change in the forums. The only apparent change was that I am now welcomed as "Claudio González" in the rop row, but I am still logged in as "Claudio_González" in here:

logged.jpg

As reported in other threads, the information in my new profile is wrong, and I don't know if, once these new problems get solved -if they ever do- the data such as posts count of this new identity will be merged in my old, normal identity. Which is still there...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot log out of the forums...

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About some of the new problems in these forums, Jochem wrote in another thread (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2399480#2399480)

I figured out what is going on. As soon as you log in your profile settings are partially reset. At the very least your "Last Name" is set to "Hide", not sure which other profile settings are reset when you log in.

As for me one of the main problems is that I was given a new identity, I decided to give this a try. Therefore, I used the "Sign out" button of the top row, logged in again using my normal ID and password, and found that apparently there had been no change in the forums. The only apparent change was that I am now welcomed as "Claudio González" in the rop row, but I am still logged in as "Claudio_González" in here:

logged.jpg

As reported in other threads, the information in my new profile is wrong, and I don't know if, once these new problems get solved -if they ever do- the data such as posts count of this new identity will be merged in my old, normal identity. Which is still there...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the FAQ.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't happen to think that it would be helpful to indicate that the FAQs have been updated, as in the case of discussions, do you?

Updted.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a logout link on the front page of forums at http://forums.adobe.com as a temporary measure until the current login/cookie situation is resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I have added a logout link on the front page of forums at http://forums.adobe.com as a temporary measure until the current login/cookie situation is resolved.

Well, you posted this while I was researching and writing my previous message. As I have spent far too much time today reporting new issues, I'll just wait to be logged out in my other computer. Thanks anyway, although the logout link can be useful for several other persons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too can't log out of forums as well and the button doesn't do any good. And also another item that may or may not be related in in Profile preferences I set to show my name rather than login name  and email address. I set those  forums shows as updated. next time I go to to a new thread, or quit my browser and come back in (this is for me) it reverts back to my user name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I too can't log out of forums as well and the button doesn't do any good. And also another item that may or may not be related in in Profile preferences I set to show my name rather than login name  and email address. I set those  forums shows as updated. next time I go to to a new thread, or quit my browser and come back in (this is for me) it reverts back to my user name.

Just tried a later post about loging out of Adobe.com first then loging out of Adobe forums, does work. Now if I could just it to stick on my name rather than my Login name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio, I can see the issue with your names, but don't have an explanation yet.

You have two Adobe IDs. Until yesterday you were posting from one of them. As of today, you are logged in and posting from the other one. The account you used yesterday has 2932 messages associated with it. The account you are logged in with today has 389.

The name on yesterday's account is Claudio Gonzáles and goes back to 2002, the account for today is just Claudio, and was registered in 2006. This might be tied to having an old Adobe ID that is a name instead of an email address.

Are you giving a name or an email address on the Adobe sign in page?

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John, nice to see you around, and thanks for responding and trying to understand the problem of my split personality.

It is possible, although unlikely, that I may have created a new account when I started visiting the ex Macromedia forums, which may have been around 2006. However, I think this is highly unlikely, because I had a very old account related to the Adobe Store, and I used the same screen name Claudio González in that and in my ex Adobe one, so there was no need for a new one. I have never used an email address as an Adobe ID; but the one I'm using now does not contain either Claudio or González in it.

I have taken a look at the discussions associated with today's account (Claudio according to your records, Claudio_González according to what I see), and I was surprised, first, by finding such a short list, and second, by the fact that, as far as my memory can me trusted, they are discussions I initiated all over the Adobe forums, with a few very recent ones (7 and 8 months, not counting today's of course).

My 24 hours are near to expiring in my other computer, so I think I will just wait to be logged out there, and then logging in again. I'll come back and report the result here. Wish me luck; I would hate to lose all my past history.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see in the extended properties that your current account migrated from FuseTalk, so your current account has indeed een migrated from the Macromedia Forums.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wrote a somewhat long reply and tried to post, but got "No Access."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try to remember what I wrote...

You do have at least two Adobe IDs. The one with all the messages uses a name (starts with cor...) to log in. The one you are using today uses an email address to log in.

One of the changes today is that the forums should start honoring the "Remember Me" checkbox on the Adobe sign in page. That might be at the root of this issue. Maybe you had an old cookie on your system from a time you logged in with the email address and the checkbox. I'm hoping to hear back from the engineer who worked on the sign in part of forums this afternoon to see if she has any update on this.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

I can see in the extended properties that your current account migrated from FuseTalk, so your current account has indeed een migrated from the Macromedia Forums.

Which one do you mean by "current", Claudio González or Claudio_González?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio_González wrote on 11/17/2009 9:07 PM:

jochemd wrote :

>> I can see in the extended properties that your current account migrated from FuseTalk, so your current account has indeed een migrated from the Macromedia Forums.

Which one do you mean by "current", Claudio González or Claudio_González?

The one you used to post that it was possible, although unlikely you had

a new account for the forums. Don't know which name that is, but the

number is 38868.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not very nice to be kicked out when you are posting a long message, is it?

Your explanation seems very reasonable, but there is a problem. I am seeing the same things, included my two identities, in both my computers. This one is several years old, and there might have been a stray and very old cookie in it. However, I bought the other one just over a year ago...

As I said, I'll wait to be logged out in the other.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio_González wrote on 11/17/2009 9:17 PM:

Don't hold your breath, if my interpretation of the cookies is correct

that will happen in 2039.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Claudio_González wrote on 11/17/2009 9:17 PM:

Don't hold your breath, if my interpretation of the cookies is correct

that will happen in 2039.

What, not been logged out in years??? That would be the answer to almost everyone's pleas and prayers... In any case, I should know by tomorrow morning at the latest (I have at times stayed logged in for more than 24 hours).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, although I have not been taking notes of the times at which I have logged in, I would say that the software is taking longer than 24 hours to kick me out in my other computer. Just in case Jochem is right and this won't happen until 2039, I tried your logout button in the main page, and I'm glad to say it worked like a charm. So here I am, Claudio González again!

Any way of having all my posts of today associated with this identity?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I spoke too soon. A couple of hours aways from my computer, with my browaser closed, and I'm Claudio_González again.

And JC's logout button is no longer working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JC's logout button only works if you first log out from your Adobe ID.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Not from where I am looking!

It goes to http://forums.adobe.com/logout.jspa

I'm not going to try it because I don't know what will happen! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

1. As far as I can remember, I wasn't welcome and there was no Sign Out button on the top row.

2. After switching off my computers overnight, I am again Claudio González both in Firefox/Mac and Explorer/Vista.

3. Is there anything I can do for not being assigned randomly one of my two identities?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution is probably to open a support case to have your two Adobe IDs merged. Once that is done you should stick to always the same identity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting my previous message, I entered the main page of this forum using Safari 4.0.4 / Vista, and this is what I got:

(Sorry, I am receiving an error messge saying that I the contents of this image is not allowed. It's a plain JPG screenshot well below the maximum sizes).

What I see: No name by the Welcome of the top row, no Sign Out message, welcome in the forums as Claudio_González.

And I haven't logged in in any of the cases I have reported since last night, so it's not me who has been choosing identities.

Last minute additions (in Explorer/Vista now):

1. I am randomly getting hard returns I haven't typed.

2. I cannot change the font of this message to Verdana.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, can you merge my two identities as Jochem suggests, or do I have to follow some other route? (Sorry, I don't know how to open a support case).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote on 11/18/2009 11:27 AM:

John, can you merge my two identities as Jochem suggests

Adobe IDs are managed by customer support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you do it here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal

Harbs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

I think you do it here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal

Harbs

Yes, so it seems, thank you. Only the service is temporarily unavailable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

And what do I do if I have no Sign Out button? This is what I am getting since yesterday when trying to ccess these forums using Safari 4.0.4 with Windows Vista, and I would like to be able to log out and then log in properly...

segunda.JPG

I have not chosen to be logged in as Claudio_González, and I would like to be plain Claudio González again in Safari/Vista.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made it!!!

I clicked on the Your Account button, and I was asked to log in, which I did. Then I got my Sign Out button which I used to log out of the Adobe site. Next, I went to http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa and clicked on the logout button to log out of the forums. Finally, I logged back correctly and HERE I AM (I'm posting this message from Safari/Vista).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it doen't work for me.I am now:

Hudechrome-UvkmhB

and my e-mail is gibberish.

Well folks are abandoning ship like lemmings to the sea and this is just another example of Adobe's failures at simple coding capabilities.

I really fear for CS5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Even with the Log-Out, I was unable to do that earlier today - about the time that the forum changed my Adobe I.D. and Logged me in to that.

Removing all cookies, clearing the cache, restarting IE a half-dozen times, got it going. However, mid-session, it flipped by to that other I.D. and screen name and I had lost the Log-out again.

Right now, things seem to be working, but I have to log in via Adobe.com and then navigate to the fora.

Oh well, if Adobe can just get all of my registration data back, as it's gone too...

Do not know what was done with the maintenance, but this is almost as bad as the last forum changeover.

Good luck,

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit confusing...

Found the new 'Sign-out' link on top of the forum and clicked it, in the hope of getting my lost display name back.

After clicking it I was sent to the Adobe home page http://www.adobe.com/

Manoevered back to http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa, and here I am - still logged-in as 'pwillener'.

The difference: the 'Sign-out' link has disappeared!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 0
Guru ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no logout option at the top for me to choose either. I close my browser and can come back logged in but can never logout now. How Sweet it is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

There is no logout option at the top for me to choose either. I close my browser and can come back logged in but can never logout now. How Sweet it is.

Did you try the method I described in message #31 above?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Guru ,
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signout option at the top is bac

k.

(The carriage return problem, as shown, is still there)

When I click on the signout at the top it shows me signed out. When I return I am still logged in but on the right side of the pane there is a log out option that when clicked logs me out. That works.

I will try post 31 and see what happens.

Edit:

Ok, I did what you posted in post 31. At first when I logged out of the forums I was still logged in my account at the top. So I signed out and was logged out. Then I came back and clicked on log in and I was automatically logged in without typing anything which I think is normal.

Edit: Spoke too soon. when I went to log out of the forums it logged me out but did not log me out of my account. so I have to log out in 2 places. Log out in the forums then go to the top and log out of my account to be fully logged out of the Adobe website.

Oh well. Least I know to log out in 2 places now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0
Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this new FAQ, and the method I described, you have to log out twice:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525685?tstart=0

I haven't had any problem after re logging correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2009 0