• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot paste image from clipboard into a thread now days. Is this going to be fixed soon?

LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120

Mac High Sierra: 10.13.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

rcraighead, thank you for your reply.
This method does not require you to save the image to disk.image.png

Actually, this image is also edited using Photoshop CC, but the image was copied and pasted in this gray area without saving.

Some people have actually been able to attach images using this method and have reduced man-hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Is this going to be fixed soon?

---------------------------------------------------

No, Adobe recently changed the way screenshots are added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens, good evening.
It seems that the method of adding screenshots has changed. Was there a notice to general users other than ACP / MVP about how to change the screenshot?
If done without notification, the user will only be confused. I think the current forum lacks the ability to communicate these changes.
Originally, it should be posted on Community Feedback, but it will be difficult to understand without linking to Ann Beans's post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there a notice to general users other than ACP / MVP about how to change the screenshot?

FYI, there was no notice given to anyone, not even ACPs/MVPs. We all woke up one day, signed in and discovered that pasting images no longer works.

Adobe has been asked to reinstate it. No-one knows if or when that will happen.

Until then you have to save your screenshot then use Insert > Photos in the forum toolbar. Safe to say the number of screenshots supporting high quality answers has dropped significantly since the convenience of pasting has disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John_Waller, good evening.
It wasn't even known to ACP / MVP. Thank you for the information.
Just as there was a problem that CS6 could not be used (in CC) in May, Adobe will do anything without notice. Without knowing that you're losing user trust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've changed my address. The real one I've had for many years p.wiking@telia.com
In Sweden we have service. If a company fails to arrange its contacts with customers, then there are government companies that help fellow people to the right.
You don't have that ability. You just have to sell and don't listen to anything. I have written to you that you have stolen my program and not replaced it with anything even though I have written and asked to have my Photoshop which I pay for every month. I'm bad in English after a stroke. I am 80 years old and a photographer and use the Photoshop constantly and daily. No other program needs to constantly send me - everything except my program you have stolen. Your work is only to sell but the word service is used in Sweden constantly to help us ordinary people. It should teach you those who are just chasing sales figures. Miserable for your face outward. Send me my PHOTOSHOP I have been paying for for many years… give back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there a notice to general users other than ACP / MVP about how to change the screenshot?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have not found it yet..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann Bens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being able to paste screen captures from clipboard makes working in the forum much more tedious. Where do I request Adobe reconsider this change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rcraighead, good evening.
It ’s not a radical solution,
You can paste the screen capture directly from the clipboard by pasting it into the gray area that appears after clicking “Insert Image” in the editor.

I would like Adobe and the forum administrator to notify you.

The detailed procedure is written in Japanese, but it is described here so please refer to it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%89%E3%83%93%E3%82%B5%E3%83%9D%E3%83%BC%E3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this requires the image to be saved to disk. Pasting from the clipboard allowed screen images be added without saving them to disk, clicking a button and dragging them to a certain location on the screen. This is a huge step backward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rcraighead, thank you for your reply.
This method does not require you to save the image to disk.image.png

Actually, this image is also edited using Photoshop CC, but the image was copied and pasted in this gray area without saving.

Some people have actually been able to attach images using this method and have reduced man-hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about Illustrator images. I know it's doable. It is just not nearly as convenient as the previous forum.

Edit: Ok, I see what you mean. I CAN paste from clipboard if I open a separate window first. I just don't get why we need to open a separate window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several threads in the Community Feedback forum. Find one and Like it or add a post. They tell us that's how they know what our pain points are.

Mind you, a LOT about this new forum software is nothing but pain.

ETA: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Bug-Can-t-Paste-Images-Into-Replies/td-p/10692425

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  already reported this bug days ago in the Community Feedback forum.  Nobody from Adobe has responded. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Bug-Can-t-Paste-Images-Into-Replies/td-p/10692425

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That image box and modal are super annoying.  The beauty of pasting directly into a reply was to avoid having to mess with that horrible modal window.  It consumes too much of my screen and truncates the bottom half.  image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines