• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot post now errors?

LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting Cannot Post Now errors trying to post a long post in the Premiere Pro forum. But I get the same error posting 1 short paragraph in the testing forum?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Is this still happening? I think it was a spam filter gone awry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I'm surprised that post went through. It seems like there's some ever-shrinking threshold for how long a post can be.

I tried adding 1 word to the line at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/859150?start=4 in a new post, and that was sufficient for a Cannot post now error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultimately I got it to work in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3849468#3849468

splitting it up across multiple posts. I had to change the word c-h-o-i-c-e to "plan." Very bizarre. Even this post won't let me use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Adobe-Admin points out, there are anti-spam efforts in force. Certain words trigger the filters. IIRC, mine was "s-t-r-e-a-m-i-n-g," but was in a post to the Premiere Pro, video-editing forum.  Filters are just that, and few allow full contextural AI (not Adobe Illustrator here).

I got the same thing, but with a few tweaks, got the post up.

It is horribly tough to filter out all of the possible"bad" words, even when they are perfectly logical in your, and my posts.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Adobe-Admin points out, there are anti-spam efforts in force. Certain words trigger the filters. IIRC, mine was "s-t-r-e-a-m-i-n-g," but was in a post to the Premiere Pro, video-editing forum.  Filters are just that, and few allow full contextural AI (not Adobe Illustrator here).

Yeah, I suspect it might be filters at first, but given that I'd never run into them before, and cutting my post in half didn't seem to help for either half...of course it was because there were multiple hits.

I sort of wonder if there's forum-specific filtering going on, or if the global filter was scrod -- I guess since it hit the testing filter it's a global filter problem. I'm sure I must use the word "choice" all the time :-)...

Speaking for only one - you are forgiven.

Thanks. I had some strange urge, I guess, to get that post off, before I had to abandon the desktop computer I was sitting in front of. I suppose I could have just saved the post somewhere else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope these new filters won't interfere with the posts already on the servers because I have used some colorful language in the past but the messages were quite valid containing very useful hints to improve DW product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To date, I have only encountered them, when posting.

Existing posts, salty language and all, should be fine - at least that is MY understanding.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JTANNA wrote:

I hope these new filters won't interfere with the posts already on the servers ...

No, filters only work on new posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still happening? I think it was a spam filter gone awry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those at Adobe know you have a choice when considering which forums to fly, and they'd like to thank you for choosing theirs today.  Have a nice flight.

I guess it must be fixed.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks good, thanks! I hope they'll forgive me in Premiere Pro land...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Speaking for only one - you are forgiven.

Happy posting, and editing,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines