Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reply to a post

Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where to go with this problem. I've tried searching for help and calling Adobe. They tell me that there is no help for problems with the forum itself.

I have started a new discussion in the Ajax Spry forum. Someone replied to my question, I replied to him, and he replied back to me (all successful so far). When I tried to reply to his second post, I couldn't. I get error messages saying that I can't post a blank message (the message wasn't blank, and I was logged on at the time). I went back to the email I received saying that there had been a post. It said that I could repond to the post by replying to the email. I tried that, and got back mail saying that my email was undeliverable.

I've tried both of these routes several times over the past two hours, in case there is some kind of temporary problem with a server, but I keep getting the same results. Can anyone either suggest a soluton or tell me where I can go for help on something like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming you are referring to this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3758647#3758647

I just tried replying there and had no issue.

I am attempting to post this reply via email. If you get it, that worked.

If my posts are working, it could be that you are hitting a node that is not working properly. I'll open a support case with the forum provider to have them check the nodes.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your initial post came through. As did my reply via email. Can you reply to this thread without getting that error message (either by mail or by posting in the

Forum)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get this message, I can reply here. I saw your reply on the other thread and tried replying to it, but got the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it here.

No idea yet on the thread. I'm escalating this to Jive support.

Sorry about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I just tried posting a reply on the other thread that didn't include a link

and it worked. The message I've been having trouble with includes a link to the web site I'm having trouble with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links shouldn't present an issue: http://www.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try posting the message you want to post in the other thread as a reply here? If that works, I'll copy it into the original thread while waiting to hear back from the support folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I can't. This is TOO weird. But I'm going to try posting it with the url separated so it doesn't show up as a hyperlink. If you see this message, that is what appears to be the problem.

Here is a link to my site: www . oakbrookinvest . com / 2011

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that worked. But if I take out the spaces in the url, I can't send because I get a message saying I can't post

a blank message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try posting it with a non-admin account. Be right back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to post a link: http://www.oakbrookinvest.com/2011

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying it now from Firefox instead of IE8.

http://www.oakbrookinvest.com/2011

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked It looks like it might be an IE8 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying your link: http://www.oakbrookinvest.com/2011

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that it's working for you. I have no idea why it won't for me. I'm just typing in the text

and letting it get recognized as a link when I hit enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One quick question: are you having this issue when accessing the forum via a browser, or via e-mail?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having trouble posting a reply that included a link in IE8. I also had trouble when I tried to post via a reply to the email I received from the forum. My reply also had a link in it. I am using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like both. Via email getting an "undeliverable" error (which I have not seen before, lost email is usually just that, lost). And via web (error, cannot post a blank message).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're seeing it too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was recapping my understanding of the issue.

Have you tried "compatibility mode" in IE8? No idea on the email "undeliverable," though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't. I won't be back at work until Monday, but if you'd like me to try it then and report back to you, I'll be happy to.

But I have been able to post my reply through Firefox, and I appreciate your help in figuring that out. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to test. I'll have the vendor do some testing. I'm assuming it is the compatibility mode that is needed with IE8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said what are you using when posting by email but if you are using any of the Microsoft products - viz a viz Hotmail, Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Live Mail (2009 and 2011) then it will fail.  If you are using Yahoo mail to receive your messages and using Thunderbird then you will have a better chance of posting a message by email.

I have tried all this as I found Web forums were very slow on my clunky machine.

I am now using a laptop (given to me by my University) and so I can use either the web based forums or direct email.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines