• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot stop Forum Emails coming to my mailbox

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new here.  I had asked a question, and for some reason started getting emails from all kinds of members and moderators.    I was told by the wonderful person, Pat on the Forum I was on to ask here, how to stop getting emails from the Forums.  I checked my email profile and all items under Your Stuff-Preferences-Emails are marked "NO" just as Pat suggested.  I have in the past 24 hours been the

recipient of more emails than I get in a year, and after following Pat's directions, I am still getting emails which seem to be just from him.  Pat also said I should unsubscribe from the topic we were on, but I do not know how this is done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the email.

Click on the link  "View the full discussion". This should lead you to the respective thread from which the email is coming.

On the right side under the Heading "Actions" look for "Stop email notifications".

If you find "Receive email notifications", it means you are not subscribed to the discussion.

notifications.JPGsubscription.JPG

Also, it might be possible that you subscribed to a whole forum instead of a discussion.

For that, click on the links on the top one at a time and repeat the above process.

forums.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bilal.jpg

Bilal-I am sending a screenshot which as you can see, I do not have the options you

are talking about. It looks quite different from yours.  Also, I believe I did not

subscribe to a whole forum.  I had started two discussions, this one, and another

about other problems I am having with Adobe Reader and Flash Player, which

started a few days ago and I had never had a reason before to contact

Adobe about a problem.  Do you have any suggestions from seeing my screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, although I had already tried this.  In fact, I turned off this discussion thread last night and still got both of your suggestions as well as the Staff suggestion below.  Although I am not getting as many since I did this step last night, I am getting all messages "Pat" sends out, and these three, which I am glad they came, since what I thought was a fix was not doing it in all instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your forum account is only subscribed to one message thread. The system doesn't tell me which thread, but I assume it is this one that we are in right now.

Did you change your subscriptions? Are you still getting email notifications from other threads? If so, is it possible that you have more than one forum account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SITE ERROR.jpg

I am sending you the above screenshot because as I tried to reply to you on my Windows 7 IE 11

computer, this kept popping up, and when I tried to send the message, the site froze up on me on

the other computer, so I am now on the Vista IE 9 computer. 

I am positive I have only one account since I never needed any support for an Adobe product until

this past week, when both Adobe Reaader and Flash Player stopped working on both of these computers,

which have IE 9 and IE 11.  So, I only had two discussions running, this one, which I actually turned off

last night after doing the setting changes mentioned in reply 2, on my own, but still was sent email

notifications by you and the two other replies above.  Now I seem to have this new issue on the

Windows 7 IE 11 computer with the internal server error and unable to send on it, and I still do not

have a fix on Windows 7 and Vista for Adobe Reader, and on Windows 7 Flash Player is still not

working after following all the suggestions "Pat" has given me on the Adobe forum.  Could there

be a bug out there, since I never had Adobe problems before, and the forum seems to be "locking"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope that you will eventually be able to stop the forum notifications.

The 'Internal Server Error' you are seeing is a forum malfunction, not anything to do with your operating system or browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

the two topics that DESERTDWELLER51 is subscribed to are

But from the earlier screenshot it appears that there is no 'Stop email notifications' Action, just 'Receive email notifications'.

Can you stop the user's email notifications?

(Seems like another forum bug to me...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably this is because the user is the creator of the thread and the forum automatically sends out email for all responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user should still be able to 'Stop email notifications' from the Actions list.  But the earlier screenshot only shows 'Receive email notifications'.

I just created a test topic, and I see 'Stop email notifications' in my Actions list:

actions_2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions1-2.png Actions2.png

IF it says Stop email Notifications your subscribed. If you clicked on that then the notice will say Receive email Notifcations.

The First shot is from my screen and as I am just a User. I don't have the Lock, Delete, Edit and Move discusions Like pat's version (I assume Pat's a Moderator) on the right Mine looks different. Personally I prefer email Notications. I don't want to haveto read all the discusions Just to read the ones I follow so Notifications work great for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This account is only subscribed to one thread, not two. If they are still getting forum notifications it usually means they have more than one forum account. But only they can tell us that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem seems to be resolved, according to a post in the Adobe Reader forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines