Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change my display name

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe.

I'd like to change my display name but it seems to be locked out in the options.  I see this as a privacy issue.

If you cannot change the screen name could you please completely remove my forum account please?

n

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Your screen name is supposed to be changable on your Adobe  Account page, so that is the right place to do it.

Sadly, there is currently an issue propagating these changes to the community site, so if you want a different name, let us know and someone can pass the request on to an Adobe employee who can change it. 

My understanding is that the new platform does not allow users or mods to delete comments. Mods can, at their discretion, move comments to a special location that day-to-day users

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Flash news! You can now request your username change by replying to the name change thread here 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change your screen name. If you get the answer the name you want is being used (and you are positive it is not - do search) then enter a temp name, then change the temp name to what you want.  Quirk in the system, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I quite understood your reply; however I did manage to find an input deep in the settings (even though on the edit section it doesn't allow screen name changes).  I changed my screen name however it doesn't seem to affect anything, old posts nor new.  And the welcome message at the top of the site still says 'Welcome, [removed]'.

It seems Adobe are as good at making forums as they are software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, allowing users to change their screen names at will would lead to undesirable misunderstandings and confussions.

And I think that accounts are never removed. If you don't want to use one, you simply stop using it. No other user will be able to use it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I stop using my account it doesn't remove ties to me.

In this case my name is attached to my account (which admitedly isn't a big deal but something I'd like to change).  Although it's not quite a case for the  Information Commissioner it is bad privacy to not anable you to change your public persona or alternatively to remove your account and content you've provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I agree. However, over the course of some years, the Adobe have seen fit to change my screen name, with no input from me. Still, I've managed to get by, and so have the folk to whose threads I have posted. Still, some ask me whether I am the_wine_snob, or Bill Hunt, so there can be questions.

I would urge one to not change "identities" too often, and only after the change was long considered.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2010 Oct 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

I would urge one to not change "identities" too often, and only after the change was long considered.

The Wine Snob is still there in the reply box quoter! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never know when "he'll" show up...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

You never know when "he'll" show up...

Hunt

He always does, in the reply box quoter and in your avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but sometimes he shows up other places too, just like WAH3. It's the latter "guy," that I worry most about, 'cause he's been known to post some wild stuff.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this isn't true; you have 2 'screen names', you have a Forum screen name and an Adobe screen name (confusing huh?).  They're seperate and only the Adobe one is editable; changing that has no effect on the Forum screen name.

I had the same arguement with customer services - clearly because all they are able to do is regurgitate the FAQ.  Eventually I had to have the problem esculated (after an hour - really) and they changed it at their end.

You can have a different screen name under your 'Forum profile' and your 'Adobe profile', but you can only edit your Adobe profile screen name.

I appreciate normally this isn't an issue, and in most cases changing it is trivial; but this was simply a privacy thing.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iheartpie wrote:

Actually this isn't true

What in the FAQ I linked to isn't true according to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That whole FAQ post.  I'm guessing it's out of date, or whoever wrote it was as misinformed as the customer service rep I spoke to for an hour trying to resolve the issue.

As I said, the Forum screen name and Adobe screen name are seperate; feel free to go and change your adobe screen name and watch in wonder as your forum screen name remains the same and uneditable.

Click on your name at the top of the page ('welcome, XXX'), on the right you'll see 2 links.  'Edit forums profile' and 'Edit Adobe profile'.  The directions in the FAQ post direct you to the 'Edit your Adobe profile' page (just through a different route) where you can see an editable field for your screen name.   Go through to the forums profile page and you'll also see a screen name which may be different to your Adobe screen name, and is completely uneditable.

The two don't appear to be linked at all (which is completely contradicotry to the FAQ post).

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, the Forum screen name and Adobe screen name are seperate; feel free to go and change your adobe screen name and watch in wonder as your forum screen name remains the same and uneditable.

But the FAQ never explicitly says your forum screen name should be updated when your Adobe ID screenname updates. The FAQ only says that the names on the forum are imported from the names in your Adobe ID membership profile.

The two don't appear to be linked at all (which is completely contradicotry to the FAQ post).

Sure they are linked. Your forum username is your Adobe ID screenname. Your forum realname is the concatenation of your Adobe ID firstname and lastname. Only the choice of which one is displayed as your screen name is controlled on your forum profile settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest you've lost me now.

The screen name is an option given the first time you log in to the forums, it can be any string you want; it doesn't come from anywhere, you create it.

I'm not sure if your use of terminology is throwig me off here; but my poiint was, and remains that the two 'screen names', your forum, and your adobe screen names, are not the same and are not linked; and the only one you are able to edit is the adobe screen name.

I'm not talking about Adobe ID's or login names - but the name displayed next to your profile pic in the forum - which is uneditable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am realizing that you cannot delete comments once you post them. As I am currently going in and changing my reply to you which was originally just a test to see what my screename was as I too am confused. My adobe username and my screename are different. This is very confusing and I dont think there is a way to change the "forum name." There is an option under profile settings to change the adobe screename but as we have seen this does nothing for forum posting. 

Can anyone elaborate if I am doing something wrong as here? Also can someone let me know if I can indeed delete this comment or if I am stuck with it. Again, it was originally a test of what name populated in these forums (foolishly before learning), but once I saw I cannot delete I decided to edit it and make it more of a question/reply for good measure. 

I am learning this backwards ha-ha.

"When it came to my art, I went my own way and did not follow the trends." - Frank Frazetta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen name is supposed to be changable on your Adobe  Account page, so that is the right place to do it.

Sadly, there is currently an issue propagating these changes to the community site, so if you want a different name, let us know and someone can pass the request on to an Adobe employee who can change it. 

My understanding is that the new platform does not allow users or mods to delete comments. Mods can, at their discretion, move comments to a special location that day-to-day users can't access, but this is generally reserved for comments that are abusive or spam. The best thing is to make sure that you act professionally when posting here.

I hope this answers your questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need my support forum screen name changed as well, please. I do NOT want to use my full email address, and the fact that Adobe would allow that by default kind of blows me away. Please help me change this community user name ASAP. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello linsims,

My Support Community Screen Name is: guillermop81478500, but my Adobe screen name is: gpollacchi. I don't seem to find a place where I can change guillermop81478500 to gpollacchi. Can you help? The username that I want to keep is: gpollacchi. Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can help, but so can any ACP or MVP. It's not necessary to ask me in particular.

Your name change probably won't take effect until sometime Monday, though, since most employees are going to be off for the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linsims! So how is the best way to ask to change our "forum screen name"?
Any specific email?
Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just post a thread here in Community Help. Or post it as a response to this message and someone (maybe even me!) will pass it along to The Powers That Be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash news! You can now request your username change by replying to the name change thread here 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines