• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing my email address leaves my Adobe ID unchanged

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As reported in another thread, I think that the reason for being logged out every time I close my browser is a problem with my Adobe ID. My current ID is NOT my email address, but when I try to log in, I am prompted with my address, not with my ID. And I cannot log in using my address, because this is not paired with my password, while my ID is.

In an attempt to solve this problem, I decided changing my email address to a new one. I went to Your account in the top line, and followed all the steps to change my email address -which I was warned would change my Adobe ID, just what I wanted. I even checked the box indicating that I wanted to use my email address as my ID.

Well, my email address was duly changed, but my Adobe ID was not: I still had to log in using my non email address Adobe ID. I then logged out completely using the button in the index page, changed to a non Adobe site, removed all Adobe related cookies, restarted my browser, went again to Your account, where I changed my email address to the same I was using before. Again, the change of address was accepted, but this produced no effect whatsoever on my Adobe ID.

I would welcome constructive suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

call customer service so that they can assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be kidding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am not kidding sir, i believe customer service has the right tool to resolve your login/account issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir, but I am not willing to pay for an international call that may take hours until receiving any kind of assistance, and then find that they they do not have the right tool to assist me. Provided I manage to understand half of what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I'm in a very similar "boat" to you. Going back about 2 years ago, I found that some of my Adobe registrations were not showing up. I called C/S, and a very helpful lady, speaking perfect English (sorta' my native tongue), tracked down 3 accounts for me. Well, I did start with Adobe years before there ever was an Internet. My first registrations were done by mail, as there were not even FAX'es then. Over time, I moved twice, and Adobe added things like FAX registrations, and then on-line registrations. She did take some time to gather up all data and all accounts, but managed to merge them all into one. Seems that for me, it was an 800 call (what was once called a WATTS line call, so no charges to me. I am in the USA). That held until the big forum changeover, and now it seems that my accounts have been split once again, and I cannot find any product registrations, except for the very last purchase, but then with the Jive update, that too disappeared? I'd do the call again, when I have about 30 mins. to spend, hope to get an agent, similar to my previous, and that all will be good for awhile.

Being outside the US, I wonder if you have any C/S 800 numbers.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2009 Dec 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt, your story certainly d

oes not match what we have been reading in this forum regarding the speed and quality of customer service over the telephone. And your problem is not very similar to mine. As I explained, I am being logged out every time I restart my browser, and this seems to be related to the fact that my Adobe ID is not an email address. And, unortunately, I have been unable to change my ID even though I have changed my email address several times and using different browsers and machines.

If you do contact CS about your problem, please don't forget to post your experience here; it would be nice if things have improved. And no, there is no 800 or similar number for free calls from Chile to the USA, so I'm just hoping that JC takes a look at this thread before January 4.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Claudio,

I'm in a very similar "boat" to you. Going back about 2 years ago

Oops - sounds like things have changed since then.  Both in the "forum" software (if you can call this rubbish such) and support quality, if we believe the angry jiveboard posts elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2009 Dec 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now using a different ISP, and have just tried to change my Adobe ID. I could not access the page because of "too many redirectionings" (free translation of the error message). Six hours ago, I could not get into these forums because I wasn't "connected to the Internet" (but I could access my bank account and make a transfer, and even to complete a purchase from a Chilean store).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that, hopefully, JC is back, I'll recapitulate and provide some additional information.

I am being logged out of these forums every time I restart my browser, and this seems to be related to the fact that my Adobe ID is not an email address. This happens using different browsers, in Mac and Win machines, and with three different ISPs. Unortunately, I have been unable to change my ID to an email address, even though I have changed my email address several times and using different browsers and machines. The changes are accepted but, despite the many warnings, my Adobe ID is unaffected by changes of my email address.

When I am logged out, on entering these forums I am welcomed thus:

Welcome.jpg

This would seem to indicate that I have been logged out of the forums, but not of the Adobe site. However, if I click on the Your account button, I am taken to a login page here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nl=1&nf=1&loc=en%5Fus

and the Adobe ID field is prefilled with whatever email address I am using at the time. If I then leave this untouched and enter my password, my login is rejected because my Adobe ID and my password do not match. The only way of logging in successfully is by entering my non email Adobe ID and my password.

If I restart my browser and go to the Adobe site, I am welcomed just as before. If I then click on the Sign out button, I am no longer welcomed by name, and if I click on the Your account button, this time I am taken to a login page here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?nf=1&nl=1&loc=en%5Fus

but now the Adobe ID field is blank:

login.jpg

but I still have to log in using my non email address ID. This is one of the reasons that suggest to me that the root of my problem may reside in some problem in my account data.

Deleting all Adobe related cookies and restarting my browser after each change does not seem to affect in the least what I have just described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone there? John, Kanguyen...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody? Not even a friendly "your case is of no interest for us"? Not even JC writing that he cannot do anything about this? Am I to understand that my problem is so unique that I have been left on my own, and that I have been so insistent that I am no longer considered worthy of an answer of any kind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Sorry.

Just felt like you needed it said.

Actually I think no response is the friendly "your case is of no interest to us".

It's almost as if Adobe's work load is steadily increasing (or becoming more chaotic), and nobody has any time to visit/help here anymore.  That's not a good sign at all.  Or, this place has been given up on and nobody really cares anymore (can't blame).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointed + disenchanted + discouraged. This is how I feel. And maybe no response is more polite than being squarely told that my case is of no interest, as I was told in another thread.

I have already abandoned my long and fruitless battle in defense of the forums in Spanish. Maybe I am being politely told that it's time for me to leave altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it was more interesting to Adobe to agonize endlessly over why you are logged out when you decide to close every conceivable permutation of every browser known to the modern computer user?

Just sayin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that was really he

lpful. Just the kind of

answer I was looking for.

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Thank you, that was really he

lpful. Just the kind of

answer I was looking for.

What I believe is happening is that they have tried everything they can dream up and it just doesn't work. I don't log out. I just quit my browser and computer as needed but I do not log out. And I stay logged in on my Mac and I can access Aodobe forums on SeaMonkey, Firefox, Camino, OmniWeb, Opera, iCab, and Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, thanks for trying to help

. However, the problem I am

reporting here is that I cannot change my Adobe ID

, not even by changing my email address.

This has hav

e had no answer.

You have told me many times that you are not logged out of these forums, and I am glad for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Have you tried a PM?

http://forums.adobe.com/people/John%20Cornicello

http://forums.adobe.com/people/kanguyen

I believe most of those from Adobe are still trying to catch up from the long break of winter (up here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

No, for personal reasons, I had been avoiding sending a PM to JC, but this situation has gone too far so I will try now. As for kanguyen, I really don't know her, and I haven't seen any post by her for a couple of months (I seem to remember that Ramón once wrote of kanguyen as a she, and even used a feminine name that I don't remember; so I heartly apologize if I am mistaken).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Do not underestimate your memory: her first name is Kathy, shortened to ka in the screen name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jacob,

Thanks. At my age, it's very comforting when one finds that one's vague recollections of something happen to be right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines