Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click on Search Content does nothing

May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When one starts typing in Search a content window appears below with suggestions.  When I click on one of topics the window immediately dissapears and then message bar in lower left says Done, but nothing comes up.  I even minimized screen to make sure it was not hiding somewhere.  Have seen this problem persist for a few days, but have not seen anything in the forum on it.

Is it my system, or a bug?   Using Vista 32 OS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

What I meant to say was that when curt y's post arrived as an email, the link it contained to his .swf worked perfectly, so using the camera icon does write a link to an uploaded .swf. It's of course a different matter whether the video shows up in the forum.

Noel

The link works fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

The link works fine...

But if you embed the video, it will show in your post, without a need to click on a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Ramón, I was referring to the actual *camera* icon under the one you point out, I thought that had been tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this, Curt! I will send the link to the Jive rep who is working this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

Jive Support has been unable to duplicate your situation by using the same browser/OS setup as you. They even tried changing browser security settings on a hunch that perhaps something in your settings was preventing this from executing correctly, but haven't had any luck.

When you see the results float onto the page, can you try clicking on "View all results" at the very bottom of the list?

Are you able to click on menu links in the user bar, under Your Stuff, History? Are you able to click on links in the side bar within "More like this"?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kanguyen wrote:

When you see the results float onto the page, can you try clicking on "View all results" at the very bottom of the list?

Are you able to click on menu links in the user bar, under Your Stuff, History? Are you able to click on links in the side bar within "More like this"?

When I click on "View all results" it also does same thing as a link in suggested topics.  Can see address of target site appear in lower left corner, tries to connnect for a seconds, then says Done, but nothing appears.

If I click on menu links they all work as it is supposed to. Click on  "more like this" and it also works.  Brings up the link.

Am supprised I seem to be one of a handful of users that is is not working for.  Have a pretty standard setup so would think it would be more universal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curt,

Not sure why this is the case and what more we can do to troubleshoot this one since we've tried a bunch of things. Unfortunately it looks like you will have to rely on submitting the search, and then clicking through on search results on the results page. Sorry!

I do thank you for being so responsive in helping us troubleshoot this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reported this bug thinking that if it was a problem for me it would be a problem for many others as well.  Does not appear to be so.

So thank you for looking in to it as there are so many problems that are screaming at you.  I can live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines