Code Block issues

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repost from the new forums, so it doesn't get wiped

* First & foremost, is there a way to make code blocks slightly wider? Or to make the whole forum flex-width instead of fix-width? Currently I can see that a LOT of code is going to be off the right hand edge of the page. That "Actions" column takes a frustrating amount of room.
* Secondly, is tab-width within your control? That might help with the first issue too (eg, if the tabs indents only 3-4 spaces wide instead of 4 picas).
* And finally, all the code I paste into the browser has double-spacing instead of single spacing. I suspect this is some weird cr/lr issue. Don't know if the back-end has some sort of tr ability to replace all of them with a single cr, but it would be really nice.
* While we're making a wishlist, Applescript & Javascript code highlighting would be nice too!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Code Block issues

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repost from the new forums, so it doesn't get wiped

* First & foremost, is there a way to make code blocks slightly wider? Or to make the whole forum flex-width instead of fix-width? Currently I can see that a LOT of code is going to be off the right hand edge of the page. That "Actions" column takes a frustrating amount of room.
* Secondly, is tab-width within your control? That might help with the first issue too (eg, if the tabs indents only 3-4 spaces wide instead of 4 picas).
* And finally, all the code I paste into the browser has double-spacing instead of single spacing. I suspect this is some weird cr/lr issue. Don't know if the back-end has some sort of tr ability to replace all of them with a single cr, but it would be really nice.
* While we're making a wishlist, Applescript & Javascript code highlighting would be nice too!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 18, 2009 0

Have something to add?