Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code box shows text in reverse...

LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See http://forums.adobe.com/message/2933007#2933007 and next post

I gave a series of commands how to unregister a DLL, and to make it clear I used the 'Syntax Highlighting' | 'Plain' feature of the forum editor.  The text was clear and visible until I clicked the 'Post Message' button, then the text appeared ... well, somewhat garbled.  It appears as it shows only the first part of the text, but in reverse!

I did another post with just the commands, again in a Syntax Highlight code box; this time it appears correct.

Anyone else seen this...?

Any advice how to avoid this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

My HTML knowledge is probably more ancient than yours. I'm just passing along comments. I agree, it should be fixed in the CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote on 6/29/2010 5:46 AM:

See http://forums.adobe.com/message/2933007#2933007 and next post

The text was clear and visible until I clicked the 'Post Message' button, then the text appeared ... well, somewhat garbled. It appears as it shows only the first part of the text, but in reverse!

Anyone else seen this...?

I see it in several browsers. The issue disappears if I force

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/adobeforums/lib/com.adobe/template/optimized/screen.optimized.css

not to load so it appears to be something the Adobe design team needs to

look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forwarded along...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar - much simpler - case: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2948264#2948264

The 'and/or' between the list items displays correctly in the editor, but gets reversed as soon as I post the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears as if we have two separate, although similar issues here.

The first issue, with reversed characters inside code boxes, appears to be fixed - thank you!

The second issue, as reported in my previous post here, is not.

I have created a test topic that shows both issues: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/678821

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported. Looks like it is an issue with the strong tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the web team identified the issue in the CSS files.

Is Jive formatting the lists there? Or are you hand-coding? They did point out that there is some malformed HTML there...

<ul>
    <strong>text here</strong>
    <li>Text here</li>
</ul>

The <strong> text should be within the <li>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list was originally formatted by the forum editor, then modified with manually entered HTML.

The reason why I did it this way was that I did not want this text as a bulleted line, but just a plain line.  This is - to the best of my ancient knowledge - not "illegal" HTML; it works perfectly fine in a standard HTML document.

If you advise me not to use this particular HTML coding anymore, then I will certainly follow your advice.  But if it can be fixed in the CSS, then I would like to extent a hearty thank you to you and the web team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My HTML knowledge is probably more ancient than yours. I'm just passing along comments. I agree, it should be fixed in the CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked the test topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/678821 and it appears as if all issues with reverse text are now fixed.

Thanks again!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But your screen name still appears

on my screen reversed in more than one way...

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines