• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command-S, a tricky habit on the Forums...

Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me a lot, when I'm editing a longer post: I hit Command-S to "save" the text. In any application this is a safe habit to prevent any loss of effort. And in webpages I even got used to hitting Command-dot subsequently to dismiss the upcoming but useless Save dialogue from the browser.

But in the Adobe Forums, this minor mistake triggers a very dangerous and unwanted action: the message gets posted ! Of course, I can edit or even delete the half-baked post immediately afterwards, but it's a very intrusive result.

Can this short-cut be altered or at least switched off ?

So now I intentionally hit the Command-S...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive automatically saves regular drafts of the editor window, so if your browser crashes they'll be shown when you re-reply to the message:

Jive-autoRecover.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I know ! And it saved me from numerous pitfalls already

But it's the hard-wired Command-S in my fingers that tricks me,

and I bet I'm not the only one – am I ? Hello ? Anyone else ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not run into that, yet, but I do have the same habit as you - Ctrl-S after every major edit in Premiere, or Photoshop, or even WordPerfect. For whatever reason, I do not utilize that habit in the forums. Now, I have been known to Select All, then Copy, when the forums start acting wonky, so that I do have everything (up to that point), in my Clipboard, in case things fall apart.

Now, I WOULD love to have an active Undo (Ctrl-Z).

As you can see, I am a PC-only guy.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines