• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

community forums interface is poor and does not work correctly

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every single time i post something, i select "email when someone replies" and i never get an email, i forget i made the post, then2 weeks later, i happen to come here and see i have a reply.

replies are not going to spam, i checked.

when i reply to some one, the interface shows a one line field for me to type in, it does not expand, nor can i add any attachments to my reply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i trid to just now, look to see what my email account is, in my settings, but i can't find it! awesome! before you ask, "dont send me any community emails" is not checked.

did adobe make this forum software? if so, start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right it is a Mess. Adobe has apologized but that hasn't really helped. They have taken a Wrong Turn but like most men (Me being one of them) refused to turn around and take the right road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, best practice is to reply to the OP, not the person you're replying to? now that i see it, it says "reply" at right as a word, but now that i typed here, "reply" is in a blue button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as for your notifications, the emails you receive from the forum you need to go to your Profile (the Avatar in the upper right hand corner), My settings, then the Following & Notifications section then Notification Settings and make some adjustments as shown below.

2019-09-29 11_53_38-My settings - Adobe Support Community.png

I've only shown the top most part. I suggest you Read all the settings and make change as you see fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thanks. i made a change or 2 to the settings, but i still expect emails to things i post and don't see them, even in spam (it's possible our IT police have them blocked). i DO see "email follow options" with everything i've posted on Unchecked. curious the default is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not create this community software.  It's produced by a 3rd party called Khoros (formerly called L1thium).   Currently, none of us are thrilled with how it works.   But it's a work in progress.  We expect things to improve over time.  Fingers crossed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> It's produced by a 3rd party called Khoros (formerly called L1thium)

Good to know this. Just to avoid installing it on a server for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines