• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Community Help

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted before that, at least in the forum in Spanish, threads initiated by Community Help are at best confusing, with people not knowing where they are, and where are the other participants, not to mention the bad wording of the presentation of a new discussion.

What we got today seems to me a bit too much. A few minutes ago, the first item in the list of topics was this:

help1.JPG

And when opening the thread, one got this:

Help2.JPG

(no question, no article, not any link to follow).

Can this really be of any help to anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I (still) agree, Claudio.

It has been brought up in this forum before by both of us.

At least it would be better if the actual wording were correct rather than misleading/opposite to what it really covers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another example;

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114040?tstart=0

The thread is supposedly about making patterns. The three posts included are about loading plugins, and don't even answer anything about that question. A completely pointless post and thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those questions are entirely pertinent to the CH page they are linked to. Pattern Maker is an optional plugin that users must download and install, they are simply asking for help on doing that.

OldBob1957 wrote:

The thread is supposedly about making patterns. The three posts included are about loading plugins, and don't even answer anything about that question. A completely pointless post and thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have said before, if you find any Community Help messages without the expected question attached, report them or we won't do anything - the moderators can't check every message in case it's malformed, and it only happens every so often. We suspect it's a bug in the Community Help app but it's only triggered in very specific situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Bridge Forum, just as off the head guess,  every 3-4 Community Help referals show no information.  I have ignored them in the past, and usually there is no repost.  From that I have assumed the first post was a mistake.  Example http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1141319?tstart=0

How do we report these as don't think they qualify as Abuse?  Have no idea who moderator is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

What about the confusing part which is inherent, can anything be done about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant wrote:

As I have said before, if you find any Community Help messages without the expected question attached, report them or we won't do anything - the moderators can't check every message in case it's malformed, and it only happens every so often. We suspect it's a bug in the Community Help app but it's only triggered in very specific situations.

That's what I did: to report it. And do you mean that you (plural) won't do anything unless such cases are reported just the way you want? This is the first such case I have met, so I don't recall having read your warning. In any case, I am with Curt: I didn't use the Report Abuse button because I thought that this didn't qualify as Abuse. Are you saying that we should use it?

As I didn't and don't find your message helpful, I have unmarked it as such -and it wasn't me who had marked it as Helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Report button can be used to notify the moderator group about something we should look into, it need not be "abusive".

Reports are notified to every moderator when they next log in, so it's the most efficient way to get something dealt with. The moderators don't read every message so if there's a CH post with a problem (it has no question, or the question is meaningless) then simply log it as 'general abuse' and explain in the note what's wrong. The staff responsible for Community Help need to know whenever the cross-posting system fails so they can track down the circumstances that caused it.

Claudio González wrote:

That's what I did: to report it.

You posted a screenshot but there's no link. Using the Report button is quicker and easier for you, and gives us a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, I forgot to include a link, my fault and I apologize. However, the thread is not all that difficult to locate: right now it's the second in the list of topics of the forum in Spanish, that has only two posts by CH in the first 30 in the list.

Here is the link, should it still be useful:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1142904?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really a bit too much:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1205419?tstart=0

(already "reported" using the Report Abuse link as instructed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines