• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Congratulations!

Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Claudio (one of our regulars here)

Congratulations and wonderment to the people of Chile; the 33 miners, and especially the rescuers, on such a wonderful achievement!

As your president said, "The world looks to Chile in a new light now".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Wonderful news today!  The whole world is applauding these brave people - both the rescued and rescuers.

P.S. I know we are off-topic and in the wrong forum, but this is where we usually see Claudio every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I am very happy for the miners, for you and all other Chileans, and for us  all. And I hope that none of them will have to suffer too  severe aftereffects.

I believe the spirit and union of the miners, and of you Chileans, are inspiring to everyone with an open heart round the world.

This must be a new beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful news today!  The whole world is applauding these brave people - both the rescued and rescuers.

P.S. I know we are off-topic and in the wrong forum, but this is where we usually see Claudio every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huzzah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to the friends who are knowingly breaking the forum rules to express their feelings on this great achievement.

I take this rescue as an example of a carefully and excellently planned operation that didn't leave even the slightest detail to chance, and also as an example of hundreds of people who, conscious of the importance of what they were attempting, did their jobs with the firm conviction that they couldn't do any mistake, and didn't.

I think we Chileans have reasons to feel "humbly proud" (quoting our President's wife), and are all hoping that people all over the world will remember this episode and take measures for avoiding the repetition of disasters such as this. Ever, and nowhere in the globe. This one, that could have been avoided, had a happy ending, but this is not usual.

Thank you all once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take this rescue as an example of a carefully and excellently planned operation that didn't leave even the slightest detail to chance, and also as an example of hundreds of people who, conscious of the importance of what they were attempting, did their jobs with the firm conviction that they couldn't do any mistake, and didn't.

Too bad BP didn't have the help of these guys!

Congrats to those miners and their families (they even said the one guy invited both his mistress and his wife too greet him at the surface...yikes)! They still have a long road ahead of them and I wish them the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, break the rules this time to send my congrats as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, break the rules this time to send my congrats as well.

Indeed.  The chinese could learn a thing or two from this about life or death situations.  Last year China lost about 2,500 miners (and this number is publicised by them) but could be more!

Let us hope Chile can now be united and develop its economy for its well deserved citizens.  No more coups and dictators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed the world was cheering for this unusual feat. We are all so happy to see a good outcome!

Not to downplay the role of the Chilean government, but the news report I watched last night seemed to state that the rescue actually required the resources of several different countries. And hopefully we can all learn a lesson from the collaboration required to achieve it!

What affects one of us affects all of us!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

the news report I watched last night seemed to state that the rescue actually required the resources of several different countries. And hopefully we can all learn a lesson from the collaboration required to achieve it!

What affects one of us affects all of us!

Cheers... Rick

The rescue operation did receive considerable support from many sources, including foreign firms and (I think) governmets, and our President acknowledged and thanked this in his speech of last night. For example, some of the most expensive machines were offered as loans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Userbak610 wrote:

Congrats to those miners and their families (they even said the one guy invited both his mistress and his wife too greet him at the surface...yikes)! They still have a long road ahead of them and I wish them the best!

Well, it wasn't quite like that . First, none of the miners invited anyone -they didn't even know if they were going to make it up there! Second, this was the only of the 33 to be known to openly have both a wife and a mistress, and he was living with the second. Third, it was the authorities that decided on the one or two people related to each miner that were allowed to be on the platform where the capsule emerged. Fourth, his wife was legally entitled to be invited there, but decided not to go if the other woman went, which she did (I mean, his mistress decided to go and therefore his wife didn't go).

So I think this is the only one of the 33 who can expect family problems in the near future. (I'm not counting those two that, while still trapped, promissed the girls they were living with to get married with them if they got out)

(Sorry, the two typed emoticons didn't work).

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: changed platform to include the missing emoticons...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree completely! Sorry that I was in the air, when the rescue happened, but am so very happy that things turned out so well, especially given the potential for tragedy. Hail the people involved.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines