• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contributor points fouled up

Community Expert ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was rolling over my profile and noticed 8600 points, then I rolled over the other leaders in the After Effects forum and noticed that they also had 8600 points. Then I rolled over a post by someone that just joined the group and has only 1 post. He also has 8600 points. I think the points system is broken....

OSX 10.9.2

Safari 7.0.3

Chrome, Firefox, Firefox Nightly...

Any user, any forum, 8600 points. I think this feature got broken....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... known problem... unknown fix (along with several other changeover issues)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

unknown fix

It shouldn't be though - it works correctly on Jive's own forum (although even there the last poster is not visible). I do wish Adobe had gone to whichever version McAfee have - I took a look at that (after someone posted here they were a user) and it's a very clean, fast responding forum.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears it reads whatever points you have rather than what the other person has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

You are probably correct, but I like to view it as we are giving people extra points for sticking with us through the Jive upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as we are giving people extra points for sticking with us through the

Jive upgrade

Yes noticed that. any crap a newbie writes gets points on these

forums. Seasoned contributors don't get because they normally talk

sense and that is not allowed until these upgrades are widely accepted

by the general public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

as we are giving people extra points for sticking with us through the Jive upgrade.

With its different way of working, is it also possible for you to remove a Helpful Answer marking once given?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

It appears it reads whatever points you have rather than what the other person has.

I believe that you are correct. You show 41,600 points on this computer.

Hunt

PS - even after 3 mins. of waiting, Block Quotes are still not responding on FireFox/Win7 - oh wait, it just did... It seems that it was hidden, above the text block, but without a scroll bar to get to it. Neat - NOT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seems all the accounts have been set to 0 points some time this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick – if you mean a fix of the point system by "this" in your last answer, no, it is not fixed.

At least not here with me:

Me hovering over your avatar image showing my personal status of points:

PointSystem.png

Your points showing in the "people" section:

RealPoints.png

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick Gerard

I ran into the same situation that you described in your opening thread post. But, I ignored it and concentrated on the troubleshooting aspects of the Adobe Forum experience. The thought here was that the situation would be corrected shortly as the web people reviewed the major update consequences. But, things did not get better. In fact, this weekend I found myself (a major daily and productive contributor) bumped off the Top Participants List without explanation. To make matters even worse, I was replaced on that list by an Adobe ID with infrequent appearances and a few "points" by the Adobe standard. This will not change the level of my daily troubleshooting contributions, but it is disturbing to run into such an arbitary situation which is undermining and has no apparent rationale behind it.

Any insights into any of this? What is the name of the top person who oversees the Adobe Forum well being?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A.T. Romano wrote:

Rick Gerard

But, things did not get better. In fact, this weekend I found myself (a major daily and productive contributor) bumped off the Top Participants List without explanation. To make matters even worse, I was replaced on that list by an Adobe ID with infrequent appearances and a few "points" by the Adobe standard. This will not change the level of my daily troubleshooting contributions, but it is disturbing to run into such an arbitary situation which is undermining and has no apparent rationale behind it.

Any insights into any of this? What is the name of the top person who oversees the Adobe Forum well being?

ATR

I believe, the list will be updating almost daily based on who is the most "Top Participant" on a particular day.  I know somebody (who shall remain nameless) spends all her time on these forums but for some reasons she has not been able to participate for the last two days and she has been replaced from the list completely.  I guess, the idea is to encourage other users to participate regularly so that these forums don't die in the immediate future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite

Thanks for the reply.

Here is some more to the story. The replacement person who was put on the list as I was bumped off has apparently not signed in since 2012. And, there is another who remained on the list and has not signed in since 2011.

I continue to make numerous daily and productive posts. I am not being denied access to posting and replying. Not yet, any way. So I am not sure of your speculation on the nature of the matter.

Thanks for the name of the person in charge of Adobe Forums.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello A.T.

John Cornicello was due to retire in January, but he has stayed to help in the transition, which he has been doing very actively and efficiently. However, he will finally retire on May 15, so I don't know if knowing his name -which he has never hidden. although when posting here he also uses the screen name adobe-admin- will be of any good to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claurdio Gonzalez

Thank you for the update. Has a replacement for Mr. Cornicello and his Adobe Forums overseeing been announced?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen any official announcement about who will take up his duties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David Kastendick and I will be taking over John's duties for now. Please reach out to adobe-admin for any issues, as we will be monitoring this account.

Thanks!

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m.m.murphy/madison

Many thanks for your follow up regarding the Adobe Forums issues that have presented with the major updated Adobe Forums.

I will be watching this thread for explanations and/or resolutions. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything that I have written in this thread.

Best wishes to you and David Kastendick as you both assume your new  Adobe-Admin Adobe Forum responsibilities.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

I believe, the list will be updating almost daily based on who is the most "Top Participant" on a particular day.  I know somebody (who shall remain nameless) spends all her time on these forums but for some reasons she has not been able to participate for the last two days and she has been replaced from the list completely.  I guess, the idea is to encourage other users to participate regularly so that these forums don't die in the immediate future.

At least in the Bridge and Photoshop Forums this is not true.  In the top 5 contributors is a person that has been dead for 3 years.  Several others have not contributed for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A.T. Romano wrote:

What is the name of the top person who oversees the Adobe Forum well being?

ATR

The guy is called Adbe-Admin or john Cornicello

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only have I been removed from the top participant list in the Photoshop Scripting Forum (and no, I had not been on place 5 recently) but all the listed users seem to have 13,630 points … these Fora seem to be some kind of a work in progress.

photoshoScriptingPoints.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler wrote:

…these Fora seem to be some kind of a work in progress.

This has been the case at least for the last 5 years or longer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They appear to reflect the viewing user's points, not the rollover users points. Everyone has the same points as I do. This is as of today. I actually came here to report this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just FYI, we have an open case with jive for the points issue. It's tied to our custom theme so they're looking into how to fix/create a workaround.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines