• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could the forum allow two custom avatars?

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to retain an existing avatar while it's replacement is awaiting moderator approval. As it is one must delete the existing avatar first and use one of the standards while awaiting approval. As they are only 128x128 images it is hardly likely to stress the system.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Sounds like a good idea. Check back in a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a good idea. Check back in a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too think its a good idea. leave the old avatar in place while the new one is examined (takes about 72 hours to aprove an avatar). then when aproved just switch to the new avatar and leave up to person changing to remove the old one after a switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Mine took 4-5 days, but that was in the early days of Adobe-Jive. I guess that the panel was concerned about what the two wines were - Zinfandel and Barolo, IIRC.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No actually is some strange logic. They allow Profile picture to be uploaded almost instaniously. But use the same picture except at a reduced size for tha avatar and it take 3-7 days to be approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you get this info from? The avatar and profile photos are completely separate. They are uploaded from different pages and are not shared. You can have different images for profile and avatar. Both go through moderation, but in different queues. I usually go through the avatars once or twice a day on weekdays. So, if uploaded late on a Friday, it might not get approved until Monday morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  didn't say they were tied together.

I said you can use same picture both for Profile Picture and avatar, one load almost instanaiously. the other takes hours to days to be approved. when I first placed a Profile Picture when we switched to this new system the picture  took just seconds to upload and become in effect. I used the same identical picture except I reduced the size to fit guidelines of avatar size. It took four days before it was aproved.  My uderstanding ( I was told) was that it was due to the antivirus software used to test the avatars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, with two pictures, I could have another with maybe a Le Montrachet and a Ch. Margeaux. Gotta' explore the possibilities. Last time that I changed avatars, it took about 4-5 days, but I guess that the powers-that-be needed to decide which wines I had chosen then. Maybe I can find a way to use two reds for some fora, and a red and a white for others? Or maybe not.

In a recent instance, one of our over-worked MOD's wanted to update his avatar, and had to eliminate the custom one, for one of the various "stock" avatars. Now, he uploaded his new and improved one, and it was replaced almost immediately. However, he had not calculated that the 128 x 128 dimensions would be invoked, so he looks like he's been on steroids for too long, when his vertical image got Scaled to square. He's working on a new one, but at least now able to leave his existing, albeit expanded, avatar, until he Scales his image to the square format.

During the day, his avatar was changing as quickly as Adobe decides my log-in ought to be. At least he got "approved" quickly, but then, he's a MOD.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote on 3/12/2010 8:42 PM:

No actually is some strange logic. They allow Profile picture to be uploaded almost instaniously. But use the same picture except at a reduced size for tha avatar and it take 3-7 days to be approved.

Avatars are handled by Adobe. Profile pics are approved by moderators

who have a much better spread across time zones and typically deal with

straightforward decisions in a matter of hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explaination as to where they are regulated.  looks like avatars should be handled by the moderators as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just my guess, that it may take different permissions to approve avatars, than profile pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job Adobe-Admin! Thanks.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neale,

Went to add a second avatar, and my original disappeared. I was able to reload it, but it, and my new one are pending now. Not sure what happened. Per the Adobe comment, we can now use two custom avatars, but it seems that a previous custom will go away. For a period of time, it appears that I will have the default "blue dude," with no features.

We're close, but there still seems to be a hangup somewhere. With two custom avatars, it would be fine to keep the original, and then switch between the two, as is desired. Not so, in my case, even though Custom Avatar #1 had passed muster, and been around for many months.

Now, if we could just eliminate some of those default avatars.

Thanks for bringing this to the front. Maybe it was some sort of OE on my part, as my old custom avatar, plus my new one, are both pending.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it seems that one might have better luck, if the Adobe forum did not log them out, then back in as someone else, but maybe that is another story. Let's see how it goes now... ?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines