• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Criteria for Post Moderation?

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a recent forum post go into moderation; only briefly, so it’s no big deal. But, how can I learn what causes forum posts to go to moderation, in order to avoid it in the future? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

The forum software is rented from Jive, and as far as I know they don't tell anyone (not even Adobe employees) exactly how their anti-spam module works

I do know that "new" forum members (up to some unknown number of messages) are put in moderation

I also know that messages with links are more likely to go into moderation

Other than those two general factors, I have no idea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your post contain any links?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum software is rented from Jive, and as far as I know they don't tell anyone (not even Adobe employees) exactly how their anti-spam module works

I do know that "new" forum members (up to some unknown number of messages) are put in moderation

I also know that messages with links are more likely to go into moderation

Other than those two general factors, I have no idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. Yes, it did contain two links, so that was probably it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea well I just posted to the "Lounge" Forum and nothing really deep or significant just gave credit to Giulio lurissevich on his great work of "Daphne" in the Illustrator software page and also asked a simple question. I highlighted his name and the title and the link must have been pasted in the post, Anyway, it got kicked to the Illustrator forum where I didn't want or think it would wend up. I mean it's no big deal but...still.

This Jive thing must work on word, titles or link recognition. So in future, I'll strategically be more mindful of my posts. Thanks Jive A.I. you ain't at least not yet. Or maybe it was a human moderator. Heck, Adobe's got me chasing shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines