• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curiosity in PrPro CS 6 Forum

LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An hour ago, I posted a question to the Premiere Pro CS 5, 5.5 and 6 Forum (8:26AM MST, Dec. 19), but it has not appeared, as of an hour later. I can see the post in Your Stuff: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4933281#4933281, but when viewing that forum, it does not show. I have cleared my browser's cache (Chrome), but so far, no luck.

I do not see that post in the Moderation Queue, so do not know what is happening.

I got no error, or warning message, and cannot see anything in the post, that might trigger any sort of "hold."

Am I the only one, who is seeing such? Is this just slow servers, or similar?

I see my Replies to other threads showing properly, and in that ~ 1 hr., have seen new posts appear in the PrPro Forum, so am curious what is going on.

Thanks,

Hunt

PS - This post was showing, immediately after I posted it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no posting by you in the post over last few hours.  At 8:33 Pacific Time

Like I stated in my post on this forum when I went to the PrPro site there was no Discussion Page option.  I had to click on a question and then click on the heading discussion.  Seems like a really awkward way to get there, and not very user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt, which Premiere forum page are you going to?

There is an "umbrella" page with no discussions, just sub-spaces, at http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/ and then there is the PR 5, 5.5 and 6 sub forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Curt, which Premiere forum page are you going to?

There is an "umbrella" page with no discussions, just sub-spaces, at http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/ and then there is the PR 5, 5.5 and 6 sub forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current

To get there I click on Adobe Community and open drop down list and select Premier Pro.  It takes me to the sub forum address where there is no option to go to discussion page.

I believe when one clicks on Premier Pro in the drop down box it should take you to the first site so one can choose where to go.  I don't understand why this sub forum site should even come up.  It appears to be like the first site you list, just without the options to select forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works the way you describe in the last paragraph for me.

Go to http://forums.adobe.com

Either click on the Premiere Pro icon in the third row or select Premiere Pro from the drop-down list

That takes me to http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere

There I see a widget that says "Welcome! Choose a discussion in which to ask..." and it lists the various sub forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I posted before it seems to be erratic.  Sometimes it opens correctly, othertimes it opens without the discussion option.  But this is really a topic of another thread.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1117752?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!

One more bit of info is that the Jive admin console can see the message:

odd_behavior.jpg

John C, what do you think is going on? Could this be related to the disappearing posts a few folks have reported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri,

Thank you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I just tried six browsers across two computers, both signed in and visiting as a guest, and I see the thread with all of them.

As you noted, it shows up on Bill's account, so it isn't totally missing like the others (which I'm sure someone deleted).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try on my IE, to see if it's just a Chrome issue, but it would be a bit odd, as all my Replies, this AM are showing perfectly, as did this post to Forum Comments. As soon as I posted here, this one appeared, as I would expect it to.

Will report back in a moment.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, seems to be a Chrome issue, but I do not know what it would be. IE 7 shows the post properly. Hm-m-m, guess that I know that it is something with my Chrome, but I cannot imagine what. Will try clearing the cache again, and test. Odd, to say the least.

Thank you for your efforts. Will report if things change.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>just a Chrome issue

To add a data point... even though I don't think you are using Win8

My wife started using Chrome on her old computer, with WinXP, because she liked the "look"

When I built her new Win8 computer she tried Chrome, and had MANY problems which I could not figure out how to fix (I don't remember any details, just that she had navigation problems of some sort)

She is now back to using IE9 with Win8 and all is well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your message listed on the overview page at http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current (currently the 5th item in the list) and I can go directly to the page you linked to.

Off to try from other browsers, which might connect to different server nodes, to see if it is a synch issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John C.,

Thank you. I have re-checked, and the PrPro CS 6 sub-forum>Discussions, still does not show, but if I hit the link to that question from Your Stuff, all is good, but that seems to be the only way to get to it, at least from my console.

Appreciate your looking into this.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I see what you are saying. It doesn't show up in the Discussions tab, but is in the Overview. Checking that out…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - using IE9 on Win7 I found your question... and posted an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I found it with IE 7.0, and now that you and Ann Bens have replied, I see that thread in Chrome. Why? I have no clue, but you furnished me with the exact link that I needed, so all is "right with the world" - at least for now...

Thank you for that link. It supports my contentions, though I was only able to track down the similar Adobe KB Article for CS 5.5, and wanted to make sure that things had not changed, regarding a trial for Encore CS 6.

Appreciated everyone!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines