Exit

Curiosity Question

LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Question for the forum mods here.

Do the forums have a feature whereby if a forum post hasn't received an answer within a specified amount of time that it is sent out again in E-Mail?

I've seen a couple of messages lately that I know I had seen before. I know that sometimes users grow anxious and will repeatedly post the same issue hoping for a faster response. But this doesn't seem to be the case with these. Hence the question.

advTHANKSance for any information... Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Mod, here, but I know back in the Adobe LAbs, LR Beta days I would bump a thread merely by editing a bit of the OP. this would kmake it re-appear higher up in the forum list, without the obvious 'Bump' post. I assume this also sent out a repeat email. Could this be what is happening here?

Someone make some minor correction to a post and you see it again, in email or RSS feed.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are an originator of a post and you edit it, the edited post replaces the post you are editing, with a notation that the post was edited and the date edited.

No one can edit anyone else's post unless they are a moderator, given that ability.

Now I could repost; do a copy and  paste, then edit that. And, make it look like I edited the post.

I have had that done to me a couple of times in harmlesss fun. But it wasn't an edit of my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ones taling about editing another's post, but seeing the same post more than once in a email notifications. Edits by an OP can do that and I was saying I used to do that to get a thread bounce, instead of posting new to a thread.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are the email notification identical?

If you mail reader allows, set so it shows a listing of the sujects (or header)

Now look and see if you see  .... : (Example)

[Adobe General] Forum Comments: Re:Jumping on a Trampoline [1xyz15NA]

[Adobe General] Forum Comments: Re:Jumping on a Trampoline [1xyz15NB]

[Adobe General] Forum Comments: Re:Jumping on a Trampoline [1xyz15NC]

This is the bane of this new system:

If they could hide the [1xyz15NA], [1xyz15NB], [1xyz15NC] then we would see:

[Adobe General] Forum Comments: Re:Jumping on a Trampoline

In which you would read any one of the thread the you can mark the rest  read saving 10 times the reading time now needed

So check it the notifications are truely identical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines