• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dangerous password procedure

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I entered only my email, I was forced to change my password. Ok, that's fine, something to do with safety I guess. So I went to my email, where I'm always automatically logged in, clicked the link in the mail. Here I was led to a page where I could fill in my new password, but without also asking to enter the old one! This is dangerous! 

If someone had access to my pc and only knew my emailadress, this person could have changed my password without me knowing! Please make this more safe and let people fill in their old password first somewhere in the process, at least once. 

Beside this. I find it strange that when a password auto-fill in can be made visible. This also is extremely dangerous. People can literally view your password, just by clicking on the eye.

I hope these things change quick. 

Nick

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe allows you to set up two-factor authentication. Sounds like a good idea to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change passwords unless you are logged-in.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nancy_OShea OP may be confused with password reset.
Recently, in the case of resetting the password of Adobe ID, it seems that the specification has been changed to require a confirmation code instead of directly entering the address.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngConfirmation code (e-mail)Confirmation code (e-mail)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines