• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Forum Accounts

Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2011 Jul 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to delete an old Adobe User Forum Account without it affecting my software activation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2011 Jul 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRK 2 wrote:

Is there any way to delete an old Adobe User Forum Account without it affecting my software activation?

As I understand things, there is no way to delete an Adobe account. Period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linda and Claudio,

That seems unfair, given the fact that an Adobe User Forum Account may be effectively terminated (all but deleted) against the will of the holder, as the three of us know very well, does it not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

Not sure what you are saying. Maybe I should have been more clear. I was wondering about deleting my own Forum Account.

Claudio answered my question I suppose.

Thanks,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, Linda.

The subject and the presence of both you and Claudio threw me back to the time that followed the days of the fair forums, so I commented on the contrast of the possibility of being banned, thus effectively (though not formally) having the account deleted, and the impossibility of deleting it oneself.

Apart from that, your deleting your account would be another great loss, so in this case I appreciate the unfairness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jacob! I probably should keep my Forum login just in case I need it for something. There are still a lot of great people who use these forums. And you are obviously one of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

I know, Linda.

The subject and the presence of both you and Claudio threw me back to the time that followed the days of the fair forums, so I commented on the contrast of the possibility of being banned, thus effectively (though not formally) having the account deleted, and the impossibility of deleting it oneself.

Apart from that, your deleting your account would be another great loss, so in this case I appreciate the unfairness.

You are right, to be banned is not the same as having one's account deleted. To me it is still sad to get into the PM forums and see that my name appears in the list of top participants, but immediately below the name of one of the banned ones. Such a great contributor that, one year after his last non deleted post, he still has almost three times the points that I have (not that I care much about them, mind you):

Buko.jpg

Incidentally, after looking at his profile, I see that the word Banned is no longer associated with his screen name, and it appears that he visited the forums earlier this year. But even if he is no longer banned, he does not seem to have posted any message after he was banned. One of several great loses, although there may be some who would like to convince us that their absence hasn't meant any harm for these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I feel bad also when I see not just one, but several top contributors who were previously banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three (out of the six) others forums I visit every day still have banned natives among the top participants shown with the list of threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2011 Aug 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I do hope that we are not inducing someone to remove their names from the Top lists ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, Claudio, but I believe that would be just as impossible as any other change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they can delete messages, and I understand that even full threads, although I'm not certain of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

But they can delete messages, and I understand that even full threads, although I'm not certain of this.

If by "they" you mean the forum bouncers, their minions and cohorts, you are correct.  They can most certainly delete any number of threads or posts.

As for individual users, any forum user can change his or her forum ID at will and the change would be reflected in all their previous messages.

Interestingly, a search on their original forum ID would return all their messages under their new ID as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tai Lao wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

If by "they" you mean the forum bouncers, their minions and cohorts, you are correct.  They can most certainly delete any number of threads or posts.

As for individual users, any forum user can change his or her forum ID at will and the change would be reflected in all their previous messages.

Interestingly, a search on their original forum ID would return all their messages under their new ID as well.

I can attest to all of the above from personal experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines