• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Didn't think you'd keep him out long

Advocate ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If any hosts want to play Todie's game again, he's ready: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2293753#2293753

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

[edited for content]

Baiting and name-calling are not OK. Stop that.

Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2009 Oct 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Everyone knowing Ramón knows that he knows enough to come back again not matter what method has been used to ban him permanently, if he so wished, but also knows he would never do such a thing. He explicitly and clearly resigned before being banned, so he is not very likely to come back, ban or no ban. Pity, because his over 11,000 points -meaningless as they may be- paint a picture of him that's completely different from the one some moderators and users have being painting of him in other threads.

Yes indeed!

Thanks to the appallingly ignorant and utterly insufferable so called "Community Experts", the Photoshop (Mac) forum has lost one of its few remaining REAL Experts.

Great work, you lot!

That also applies to the ACR Forum where anyone who posts a request for help may now have to wait days for a response — particularly over a weekend when there are no Adobe employees around to answer questions.

These formerly-Macromedia people have blundered into the Adobe Forums with neither any in-depth knowledge of the Applications, nor appreciation of the depth of REAL knowledge possessed by the people that they are causing to depart, nor understanding of the customary procedures in these forums.

The "Community Expert" experiment has been a disaster and it needs to be ditched without further ado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

[edited for content]

Baiting and name-calling are not OK. Stop that.

Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten

I was not baiting or name calling I was simply telling the truth, explaining to someone who asked about LT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

I was not baiting or name calling I was simply telling the truth, explaining to someone who asked about LT.

That's how I saw it too. I don't think anyone in this forum was baiting anyone.

All the rudeness came from the quoted passages.

Todie is baiting the moderators but that's something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote on 10/11/2009 5:59 PM:

And in the process making 3 times the same 'spelling mistake' in his

name that Kath-H had just posted as a good way to bait him.

I have no idea how long the processing is going to take on Adobe's side

due to next weeks closure, but in the interim I would suggest you

consider this an official warning and if you want to report further

sightings of Todie you do so exclusively through the Report Abuse links

and refrain from all public comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

If you want to report further sightings of Todie you do so exclusively through the Report Abuse links

and refrain from all public comments.

Fair enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was *explaining* the issue about his name, in response to someone who asked about it. Sheesh.

What processing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've read "A Clockwork Orange" haven't you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what closure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote on 10/11/2009 7:04 PM:

What processing?

Formalization of said warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And was that a general warning? To someone in particular? How would it be formalised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are just witnessing yet another example of the over-bearingly heavy-handed "Moderating" that long-established members of these Forums find so infuriating.

JvD:

Please just stop harassing people who are long-standing members of these Forums and who have certainly been posting here long before you came on the scene.

Frankly, your idea of "Moderation", and your over-bearing style of communication, is extremely agravating and just causes more trouble than the problem that you should be solving!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my mere existence would be considered baiting by LT. I'm not going to off myself to appease him. I block his posts and don't respond to him anymore, but I still have to watch all of the little melodramas he likes to create. I have the right to talk about him and the damage he does.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay Chevako wrote:

I think my mere existence would be considered baiting by LT. I'm not going to off myself to appease him.

I know that my existence must be just eating a hole in LT's head. maybe because I see though is BS and will not conform to his games.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2009 Oct 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess my post was deleted along with todies. Oh well.

Ok, I am over it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that some people are trying to bait others in this thread. I have cleaned out what I think needs to be cleaned out. If you think more needs to be done, the proper way to report so is through the "Report abuse" links.

If people want to continue to use this thread to report sightings that is OK. Using this thread for baiting, name-calling, Mac vs. PC discussions, etc. is not OK and there will be no repeat warnings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

I have noticed that some people are trying to bait others in this thread. I have cleaned out what I think needs to be cleaned out. If you think more needs to be done, the proper way to report so is through the "Report abuse" links.

If people want to continue to use this thread to report sightings that is OK. Using this thread for baiting, name-calling, Mac vs. PC discussions, etc. is not OK and there will be no repeat warnings.

I just came back from a prolonged weekend to find 120+ notifications from this topic in my mailbox!  If this is not abuse, then what is?  Why hasn't this topic been closed long ago?

Other topics in this forum are getting closed for the slightest imagined infraction; this topic - with all the insults (which still land in my inbox, even if the posts themselves are deleted), is still open for more...?

Someone please tell me how to "unsubscribe" from this topic!  (I've tried it from other topics; it simply doesn't work!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

Someone please tell me how to "unsubscribe" from this topic!  (I've tried it from other topics; it simply doesn't work!)

Click on your profile, then email notifications tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote on 10/13/2009 6:22 AM:

Why hasn't this topic been closed long ago?

Because it is being used for a specific purpose and people were being

asked to respond here. When Adobe returns to business from their one

week mandatory holiday and all the sightings, warnings and bans from

this thread have been processed next week I expect this thread will die.

If not I'll help it along.

Someone please tell me how to "unsubscribe" from this topic!

Unsubscribe from both this topic and its parent forum. You may or may

not also have to unsubscribe from every other forum higher in the

hierarchy you are subscribed to, the behavior of the forums is a bit

non-deterministic in that regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is jacked up bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

missing like 36 posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

missing like 36 posts?

Did you read this 50.? And, you are exaggerating: 104 - 69 = 35.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit by me. Never mind my other post as I understand what was written now. Sorry I am a little tired.

Claudio González wrote:

dec9 wrote:

missing like 36 posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Edit by me. Never mind my other post as I understand what was written now. Sorry I am a little tired.

Claudio González wrote:

dec9 wrote:

missing like 36 posts?

Just teasing you a bit, but not completely. And right now we have 72 posts, but only 69 replies. Probably still side effects of the cleanup... One must just learn to live with these discrepancies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2313782#2313782

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, LT isn't banned anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines