• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing posts -- forum bug?

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not identify this problem the first few times it happened, but today I have more evidence.

It seems that sometimes the forum accepts a post, sends out email about it to thread subscribers, and somehow deletes the post without the intevention of the poster.

I've seen this happen a few times, but just thought the post was deleted by the poster [for some reason].

But today I have a clear example: http://forums.adobe.com/message

/4137792#4137792

(You will have to merge the URL by hand, because the forum software refuses to let me post it. Wow!)

The poster complains in the next post about how his previous post disappeared: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4137889#4137889

I've seen this happen on a few occasions in more than one forum, but I assumed the deletion was deliberate.

Can someone (John?) tell us why the system thinks that post was removed?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

About the time of the recent server maintenance, (Jan. 13, 2012), I saw similar twice. When I went to reply to two threads, I got an error, did a Copy for later, Cancled out, and wow! the whole thread was gone. I thought that maybe a MOD had moved it, as in both cases, there could have been a question on appropriate forum, but could not find them. I checked the poster's profiles, and those two threads did not appear for either - do not know if THEY deleted the posts (odd that both would on the same day), or the posts just went to Byte-Heaven? In my cited cases, there are just too many unknown variables to determine if it was like what you observed, or just some easily explained similarities.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines