• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discussion on forum practices Re: Is there truth to this?

Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who has silently, without any notice, removed a number of posts from this thread?

I had a post there that said basically the same as normfb's "correct answer" - and it's removed, just like that. Poof.

What's going on here? This is the second time. The first one I let pass without comment, but now it's beginning to look like censorship.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received a very reassuring PM from Madison. I get the impression she went above and beyond the call of duty to clear this mess up, and I'm convinced this won't happen again.

We can now let this thread drift down into oblivion and get on with our business.

Thank you Madison, for firm and decisive action. That's the way to run a forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange.  Claudio started a a thread on the same subject in the Backroom a few days ago

Unfortunately you are not going to see that without and MVP/ACP badge, and I don't like to paste his post here without permission. But it said pretty much the same as Dag is post #7.  Claudio also linked to Dag's new thread here

Who is removing posts from threads in the PS forum? And why?

I feel fairly sure I have had the same experience, but I wasn't entirely sure, so like Dag and Terri, I said nothing.  At the time, I made this reply to that thread:

There have definitely been times when a post I thought I'd successfully made, is not there later, but I have always put it down to user error and brain fade.  I think what generally happens is that I have been pushing my luck trying to multi-task — swapping between web pages, making cups of tea, or just stretching my legs.  Then I close the browser without actually hitting Send.  

I can't ever remember a particular post disappearing.  Threads get locked, or deleted entirely when out and out spam like BAMWARS.

Here's a thought.  Those dastardly double posters that are so desperate for a reply, they ask the same question twice in five minutes.  You answer one of the threads, and then discover the other one already has several replies, or the thread you answered scrolls down the page, and you see the other thread sans your reply, and the next thing you are thinking about black helicopters, and listening for strange 'clicks' when you pick up the phone.   Just remember...   Being paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you!

I promise you I have never deleted an individual post, but I do delete duplicate threads, but only when no one has replied to that thread.   My impression is that Chuck is pretty laid back about forum content, and I don't think that Benjamin would be removing posts.   The 12 new Photoshop Support Team Staff members who are posting out of India, have full mod, and possibly Admin rights, so I guess we have to ask if they have been removing posts.  They are still getting up to speed it seems to me, and most definitely lack the knowledge and experience long term regular posters here have.  BTW  They can access people's Adobe accounts, and fix some of those 'I've been on the phone for a year, and why don't you answer, and my head is going to explode if you don't make Photoshop CC work on my ZX Spectrum

So I don't know.  Could be yet another glitch like the raft of double and treble posts we had a few weeks back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines