• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do the forums seem faster since yesterday?

Engaged ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but i feel that since yesterday's six+ hour outage, the forums seem a bit faster. Still not up to speed – as in the old ones – but definitely faster than before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Now I know your ingesting or inhaling someting potent, jhabrix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope. still have the same "pop open" delays as different parts of the page render and they get longer and longer (as posts load, or the posting box loads or whatever). i think that's one of the most annoying things about this site...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

nope. still have the same "pop open" delays as different parts of the page render and they get longer and longer (as posts load, or the posting box loads or whatever). i think that's one of the most annoying things about this site...

It's like having your past life Flash before your eyes every time you post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Notwithstanding my ingest of various potent substances – whether through the alimentary or bronchial route/s   – these Jive ACE forums have definitely increased in speed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on guys... 10 points still awaiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I rarely see the extreme turgidity (did I make that up? ) that some people do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2009 May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Kath... that does't qualify for a 'Helpful' 5 pointer   And 'turgidity' is a dictionary word, so no points there either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmph! Nothing for answering the question ... nothing for linguistic creativity ... oh no! How will I survive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Hmph! Nothing for answering the question ... nothing for linguistic creativity ... oh no! How will I survive

There... there... here's a little cookie to help you along till... whenever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote on 2009-05-09 07:05:

I'm not sure, but i feel that since yesterday's six+ hour outage, the forums seem a bit faster. Still not up to speed – as in the old ones – but definitely faster than before.

Just testing a bit today with not exactly the forums, but the webservice

interface. The login, which hits both Adobe and Jive servers, appears to

be a bit faster. I see no significant improvement on the webservices

themselves.

This does not mean users of the web interface won't see speed

improvements, I don't know about that and haven't tested that.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup. seems to be some improvement in navigation. that's welcome. i ihope it stays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

yup. seems to be some improvement in navigation. that's welcome. i ihope it stays.

At the risk of raining on the parade, I would guess the "speed improvement" may be the result of the day of the week:  Sunday.  If things are still faster through Monday, then I'll try to be a True Believer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob_Peters wrote:

At the risk of raining on the parade, I would guess the "speed improvement" may be the result of the day of the week:  Sunday.

…and Mother's Day at that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines