Do You Want Adobe to Outsource Support Offshore?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a simple problem in trying to reinstall Adobe Acrobat 8 today.  I called support and got a fellow from the Phillipines that can't speak english.  I wasted a 1/2 hour just trying to understand him.  Also he didn't know anything.  He was reading from a script.

I have been an Adobe customer for years and until today I thought they were a great company.  Today I have changed my mind.  They don't give a damn about their customers, only the bottom line.

I want support for Adobe software from a location in the USA that speaks and undestands english.

Anybody else feel this way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Do You Want Adobe to Outsource Support Offshore?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a simple problem in trying to reinstall Adobe Acrobat 8 today.  I called support and got a fellow from the Phillipines that can't speak english.  I wasted a 1/2 hour just trying to understand him.  Also he didn't know anything.  He was reading from a script.

I have been an Adobe customer for years and until today I thought they were a great company.  Today I have changed my mind.  They don't give a damn about their customers, only the bottom line.

I want support for Adobe software from a location in the USA that speaks and undestands english.

Anybody else feel this way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2011 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably many feel the same, but this is not the forum to discuss such matters. This one is just for discussions on the forums themselves.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2011 0
Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this was done a LONG time ago, what we users "want" has nothing to do with what IS Adobe's policy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2011 0
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be useful to make the suggestion of

which Forum would be more appropriate. If there isn't a suitable forum then feedback is bound to be left in an unsuitable one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2011 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very happy with the support I am getting from Adobe whether it is outsourced or not.  The problem is Americans, the British and Europeans don't want to do support type work so Adobe and other companies don't have any other options but to find labor overseas who can do the job cost effectively.

Hope this answers your question but please post back with specific query in appropriate forums where somebody will answer it for for you in writing.

Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2011 0
Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many or even MOST companies outsource their support operation (had a Frididaire problem recently and wife had a very hard time understanding the people who tried to help but could not speak English very well)

As of this writing, you only have 3 messages (well, 1 + 2 misfire blanks) all here, so for Acrobat help start at http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat and ask your questions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2011 0
Mentor ,
Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually NO! They should be putting Americans to work improve the economy so that we (as American can afford to buy their products. That problem with US today, they send work overseas , causing American to have to get menial jobs such as working in Fast food industry, or store such as Wal-Mart , K-Mart  and such.  We are becoming a country of two classes of citizens. Rich and poor. The Middle Class which has been footing the biggest share of Taxes to run the country, is a dying breed.

IF Companies including Adobe. must hire overseas workers they each should be required to teach them English and Diction lesson so that people can understand them

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2011 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever possible NO.  Americans should put Americans to work.  The difference lies in top brass wanting more and more dollars as in GREED and when offshore support is needed to protect the bottom line.  Where would we be without all the free Adobe products and free trials?  I don't typically have good experiences with off shore IT help, however my last troubleshooter from India was kind, considerate, and knowledgeable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2011 0