• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Firefox now have a problem with this forum?

Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to be able to access this forum with Firefox any more.

It's version 68.0.1 64 bit on Windows 10.

If I go to any page I just get a message saying -

"The page isn't redirecting properly."

"An error occurred during a connection to forums.adobe.com."

"This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies".

My cookie settings are fine as far as I can see, and I've never knowingly changed them!

The forum works fine if I use Microsoft Edge.

Anyone else seeing this? It certainly used to work fine in Firefox!

Thanks, Dave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Thanks everyone, I went onto the Mozilla forums to ask about this, and quite rightly was advised to eliminate my add-ons as a first line, which I should have checked in the first place of course!

It turns out that the problem is being caused by the IBM Trusteer Rapport add-on, which provides enhanced online banking security.

If I disable it, the problem goes away.

I have opened a ticket about this with Trusteer and I'm waiting for a response.

I hope this will help anyone else who runs into the same

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use specifically chrome currently as I have problems with Firefox. However, I suppose they are related to our firewall/proxy configuration.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So presumably nothing can be done about it?

Strangely it does work fine on an old (pre-Quantum) version of Firefox I have on another machine, but it doesn't work on Firefox 68 (the latest version) on my Windows 10 installation!

I think I will have to ask about this on the Mozilla forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it works fine on my computers at home...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I use both Firefox and Chrome with no problems, but not on Windows 10. I’m on High Sierra — I don’t know if that makes a difference.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone, I went onto the Mozilla forums to ask about this, and quite rightly was advised to eliminate my add-ons as a first line, which I should have checked in the first place of course!

It turns out that the problem is being caused by the IBM Trusteer Rapport add-on, which provides enhanced online banking security.

If I disable it, the problem goes away.

I have opened a ticket about this with Trusteer and I'm waiting for a response.

I hope this will help anyone else who runs into the same issue.

Strangely, the forum still works with Rapport enabled on older versions of Firefox, so I guess it is related to later Firefox versions as well to some extent, but the Rapport add-on certainly seems to be the root of the problem.

Cheers, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mozilla has forums to enable communication among the Mozilla community. They are set up so they can be read as newsgroups, mailing lists or web groups - so it’s convenient for everyone to take part. Note that you only need to subscribe via one access method; if you aren’t sure, use the “mailing list” method.

[URL removed by moderator.]

You need to be hotter in order to be crazy lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Er, yes, but what has that got to do with this problem?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for coming back and tell us what caused the problem. Hopefully they will sort it out soon.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to update on this.

I reported the problem to IBM/Trusteer, and they have now managed to reproduce it locally and are investigating.

Whether it turns out to be a Rapport problem or a Firefox problem remains to be seen, although someone else on the Mozilla forum is seeing the same problem with this forum, and he doesn't have Rapport installed, which would seem to indicate that it's a Firefox issue.

There may be other add-ons causing it, but it's certainly the Rapport add-on which is the culprit in my case.

Cheers, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of years ago I posted issues with FF and these forums for I could not respond to any forum. No issue was ever discovered or resolved so I had to switch to Safari. I have never gone back to FF which I really liked but now I am entrenched in Safari...

I have always shied away from internet add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines