• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does log in / out holiday on Sundays?

Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2009 Jun 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged in yesterday am... still logged in at 4pm my time....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does, although log ins/outs are completely unpredictable here. Nearly 8 am local, have just switched on my Mac and my Vista machines after nightly shutdown. Logged in my Mac/Firefox; logged out in Vista/Explorer and logged in in Vista/Safari. I had logged in in the three just after shutting down about 8 hours ago, to ensure being logged this morning....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I thought that too.  I was logged in overnight.  I surfed, I viewed and then  I replied ... and was booted out when I went to post the reply. 

So the answer is:  yes, it matters not the day of the week ... it logs you out when it feels like it, no rhyme or reason to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit over 36 hours now and i haven't been logged out....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was my first experience with being logged out while trying to post a reply.

Now I know how the others feel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twice I have remained logged in my Mac through shutdowns extending over long weekends (at least three full days). Log outs seem to be completely random for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got logged out about a couple of hours ago... but still 36+ which, in a way makes all this so frustrating. There seems to be no method to the madness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Got logged out about a couple of hours ago... but still 36+ which, in a way makes all this so frustrating. There seems to be no method to the madness!

Not just "seems" ... there *is* no method.  As I said before, it's random, no rhyme or reason.  It's broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got logged out four times so far today!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None so far today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just once today and it was in the middle of my posting a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

None so far today...

That "so far" seems to have been premonitory. I hadn't been anywhere near my Mac after posting the above message. On coming back, I found that I had been logged out. And not only here, but also in Vista/Explorer and Vista/Safari, where I had checked for new messages less than ten minutes ago. Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working from 2 or more differnet machines - say my workstation and  my laptop in another room - almost ALWAYS causes a logout for me. if i'm posting from one. i go to the other and hit refresh and it's logged out. log in there post something, go back to another and the 1st machine is logged out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac laptop, I can get logged out several times a day on Safari, yet stay logged in for days using NetNewsWire. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

working from 2 or more differnet machines - say my workstation and  my laptop in another room - almost ALWAYS causes a logout for me. if i'm posting from one. i go to the other and hit refresh and it's logged out. log in there post something, go back to another and the 1st machine is logged out.

and dave, my experience is different from that.  I actually expected to be logged out, but I'll bet a george that my laptop will have me logged in tomorrow morning, though it hasn't been booted up all weekend.  I'll likely start surfing, reading a thread or two (depends on how much time I have, since it takes longer now) and will find that by actually *using* the account will cause a logout - but not necessarily on the first view.  It could take minutes or it could take hours.... can't come up with anything reproduceable.

The thing is, if it's cookies that keeps us logged in, aren't those supposed to be workstation specific, not user logon specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my laptop will have me logged in tomorrow morning, though it hasn't been booted up all weekend.

that might be. both of my systems almost never get turned off. i'll wager that same george thought that if you start using it, within 5 minutes or so the system will log you off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to report back, but I was still logged in on the laptop (which was turned off) and stayed logged in for about an hour.

Hey, you can't bet me my own george! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well i did hedge my bet with "or so" there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines