Does threading work for email notifications in your email client?

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're trying to get a pulse from the community on what email clients and platforms you guys are using, especially in the case where the threading of email subscriptions isn't working. I have heard that threads can be grouped in Entourage on a Mac.

Can anyone Mac/Entourange users confirm this?

Would appreciate everyone's input on what mail client/OS you are using and if threading works for you or not. I know for the majority of you it isn't working, and we're looking at ways this can be addressed.

Thanks!

Here's the first entry: I use Microsoft Outlook on Windows XP and my email notifications don't thread.

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Does threading work for email notifications in your email client?

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're trying to get a pulse from the community on what email clients and platforms you guys are using, especially in the case where the threading of email subscriptions isn't working. I have heard that threads can be grouped in Entourage on a Mac.

Can anyone Mac/Entourange users confirm this?

Would appreciate everyone's input on what mail client/OS you are using and if threading works for you or not. I know for the majority of you it isn't working, and we're looking at ways this can be addressed.

Thanks!

Here's the first entry: I use Microsoft Outlook on Windows XP and my email notifications don't thread.

Views

Translate

Translate

Apr 09, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow the honor to make the first off-topic response:  Don't you folks have more important things to worry about?  Good grief!

Translate

Translate

Apr 09, 2009 0
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty well established that it does not work for gmail. Tho it did until the number was added at the back end of the subject line.

Translate

Translate

Apr 09, 2009 0
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I do have Entourage on my Mac and I use it constantly for all my email traffic, but…

I wouldn't want to access the Adobe forums through email or newsreader access ever, under any circumstances and for any reason whatsoever.

I'm giving up on the Adobe forums as a lost cause.

(Hey, you said you wanted everyone's input.  )

Translate

Translate

Apr 09, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried Outlook and Gmail and it wont thread in either. 

Translate

Translate

Apr 09, 2009 0
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Live Mail v.14.0.8064 on XPSP3. Notifications don't thread.

Noel

Date: 10 April 2009 02:03

To: Noël Burgess

Subject: New message: "Does threading work for email notifications in your email client?"

Ildhund,

A new message was posted in the thread "Does threading work for email notifications in your email client?":

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1881991#1881991

Author : kanguyen

Profile : http://forums.adobe.com/people/kanguyen

Translate

Translate

Apr 10, 2009 0