Is it just me (or my browser), or does UPDATE not always seem to.. you know.. update? I don't think it's a browser refresh issue, even refreshing doesn't seem to fix it when I see this happen.
I think it happens more when the server is actually responding pretty fast (rare) and I click edit soon after a post, then "update", and... no change--even after a refresh. Second edit usually fixes it, but needless to say, that is crap.
At first I thought I might be hitting cancel or something but it's happened to me SO many times, so regularly..I actually got used to it. And I'm pretty sure I am hitting the "UPDATE" button anyway.
It does work for me in Safari and Explorer under Vista, and in Firefox/Mac. Just in case, I have just edited without problem a message in another thread, and I am deliberately leaving this unfinished for trying to edit it immediately after posting. Everything in italics has just been added while editing.
It's just annoying because it doesn't seem to always happen, just once in a while.
I don't have PS CS4 set to auto check. I manual check. RAW 5.5 updated perfect on IE8 on Vista.
Unfortunately, allI can say is that I don't recall it happening to me...
The only time I've had it to happen, is when we had the 18 hour meltdown the other day.
My biggest problem is If want ti insert a word or character at the very beginning of my post and I am at the end; I scroll back to beginning with mouse insert the character and it attaches to the end. I have to click inside a word the backspace to beginning. And the built in spell check doesn't work or you can't turn it off. Its easier to toggle html editor to plain text and you the Mac's built in checker.
Refresh depends on the Web site. Normally, with Adobe fora, I get a pure "update." Now, when the servers are going bonkers, there is no telling.
FWIW, I'm on IE 7, on a lowly PC.
GD it! It just happened again! I did an "edit", added one line, clicked "UPDATE" and it DID NOT update.
I even did a refresh afterward, to see if I just had the old version cached. Nope. No updates. And when I went to "EDIT" the post a second time, it didn't recover the change I made. I definitely clicked the UPDATE button. Took me two tries for the update to work. Lame!
Edit: This time of course, it worked.. pathetic. If there is any sure sign of CRAP software, it's bugs like this that are seemingly random and impossible to reproduce. If it's decent software and there's a bug, you'll at least be able to reproduce it consistently!!!! Nope, not with Jiveware, programmed by idiots..
I think the software is bent on making your day.