• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate email Notifications.

Mentor ,
Aug 08, 2009 Aug 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this notification at this particular point is a duplicate to the one I read last evening.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2164560#2164560

I will edit and add other duplicates as I run across them.

what seems to be happening is the last post read in a thread from a previous day is used as first post in a new batch of notifications the next day sometimes it further up and maybe the last to or three threads are actually new.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions I provided were:

(..) please start a new thread and attach some examples of duplicate notifications. Mak sure those examples include all the mail headers so we can see where the multiplication happens. For instructions on how to get the full headers see http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

You are not providing the examples of email notifications you were asked to provide. Without those we can not track down the problem. Please provide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, he means you need to copy and paste the whole email (duplicate notification) here, with all the headers, so someone can see what is going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here is another one Hope this time I've coppied everything proper this time:

From - Sat Aug  8 15:04:04 2009
X-Account-Key: account2
X-UIDL: sm_15C15A8C_45cad4a6a2f74e648825f35a48219953
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-Mozilla-Keys:                                                                                
Return-Path: <forums@adobe.com>
Received: from mail.sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com [209.46.39.252] by mail.kimbanet.com with SMTP;
   Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:55:33 -0400
Received: from sgaurwa42p (unknown [10.137.24.43])
     by mail.sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 52E7E24082CD
     for <*******@kimbanet.com>; Sat,  8 Aug 2009 12:55:27 -0600 (MDT)
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 12:55:26 -0600
Reply-To: clearspace-135640620-10443-2-2164822@mail.forums.adobe.com
To: Phillip Jones <*******@kimbanet.com>
Message-ID: <1390869882.1206411249757727343.JavaMail.jive@sgaurwa42p>
Subject: [Forum comments] Re: Moderation in this forum
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
     boundary="----=_Part_124937_479981614.1249757726400"
Content-Disposition: inline
X-SilverlineSVF: SubjectLength: Subject length of 45 matches range "Between 40 & 60 chars"
X-SilverlineSVF: Failed Tests: SubjectLength[1]
X-SilverlineSVF: Total Weight: 1
X-SmarterMail-Spam: SPF_None, SpamAssassin 0.2 [raw: 0.1]

------=_Part_124937_479981614.1249757726400
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten to remove private informatio n

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited your message to obfuscate your email address, most people don't want to encourage spammers (but feel free to change it back if you are the exception).

The headers are fine, I just need two more things:

1. For which message is this a notification? There should be a link in the message back to the forum with a message number at the bottom. What is the message number?
  2. I need the duplicate as well to see where they differ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 09, 2009 Aug 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, are you sure you aren't seeing notifications of the same message, which has been duplicated in more than one thread or more than one forum? There's been a fair bit of that deliberate duplication lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its quite possible.  Here what I see as best as I can explain.

I read a series post post. Then next day, there have been more threads for the same Subject.

the first in the thread always ends up being either the very last post for the previous day or, maybe the third or fourth post  will be repeats then the new threads are added on.

see if I can diagram it right using straight lines: (where || indicates duplicated or overlapping post already read on a different day)

|

|

|

|

|     |

|

|

|

or

|

|

|

|

|

|

|    |

|    |

|    |

|    |

|

|

|

|

|

I've run into similar things happening on regular email and it was caused by defective headers in the email sent. AOL use to be bad about it and the only cure was for my ISP to destroy and recreate my mailbox to get rid of the defective header info.  But since I no longer use AOL I haven't had that problem in years.

I hope this helps figure what's happening. If its something in system that can't be changed. I can live with it , just wanted to know if I was losing my mind or really seeing duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:
see if I can diagram it right using straight lines: (where || indicates duplicated or overlapping post already read on a different day)

|

|

|

|

||

|

|

|

or

|

|

|

|

|

|

||

||

||

||

|

|

|

|

|

We need the actual messages including headers. For your first example we need 2, for your second example we need 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next time it happens I will do so now to make sure I get proper information I need  the thread name (as in my very first post). Then next I need to copy header info also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I will provide hearder info next time sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines