• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DWILCOX01's problems with the forum email interface (hotmail)

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked DWILCOX01 to start a new thread when he asked about the forum email interface in All threads show up as read.

I'm not sure why he didn't, but I am going to answer him here.

The irony is the addressee is : "forums@adobe.com" and I can't see how this can get to the right forums!  There is absolutely nothing else to distinguish the message apart from the message itself.

The Jive Clearspace software sets the Reply-To: header on email messages. The actual email message you are replying to should look something like this:

Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:30:37 -0600
Reply-To: clearspace-283132166-233379-2-474029@mail.forums.adobe.com
Message-ID: <797698764.724281301704251107.JavaMail.jive@sgaurwa44p>

(I've changed the numbers). Any mail program that behaves properly should send the reply to the Reply-To: address.

If hotmail isn't doing that, hotmail is broken. Perhaps you should consider switching to Gmail?

Now tell me do I need to configure anything in my Hotmail account?

It's possible that there is a configuration option. I just found someone who still has a Hotmail account (not many of them!) and tested and while it doesn't show up as coming from the Reply-To: address nor does it show the Reply-To address to you, when you select "Reply," it does compose a message destined for the Reply-To address.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply.  I will try to post something using WLM (Microsoft's Email client - Windows Live Mail or even mainstream Outlook) to see if it makes any difference.  If not I shall change to Yahoo or GMAIL (reluctantly).  I say reluctantly because they have blocked many of my documents that I create and distribute to students.  No reasons given except that traffic was high on Google sites and the documents contained absolutely nothing controversial.  Completely clean in every which way one could think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines