Editing cookies with Firefox & WebDeveloper add-on...

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit them so that that don't expire when you close your browser.

I had done it before, but something about the new cookies seem to prevent it.

I'll keep on working at it. When and if I get it figured out, I'll post the directions in a reply to this thread.

In the meantime...if you're using Firefox, and you want to be prepared, go get Chris Pedericks' excellent add-on, go to the following link:
http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing cookies with Firefox & WebDeveloper add-on...

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit them so that that don't expire when you close your browser.

I had done it before, but something about the new cookies seem to prevent it.

I'll keep on working at it. When and if I get it figured out, I'll post the directions in a reply to this thread.

In the meantime...if you're using Firefox, and you want to be prepared, go get Chris Pedericks' excellent add-on, go to the following link:
http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 18, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jus' so long as you also drop in a phone number or something people can call for support when it doesn't work...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people are tinkerish enough to want to edit the cookies, and they go get the Firefox add-on in order to do so, they ought to also be clever enough to reverse their experimentation.

At the very worst, one just needs to ditch them outright and let the forum script install fresh new ones.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean there's actual support somewhere?!! :)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nah... I just wanted Phos's number... and to not hear from people that mess it up worse.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>and to not hear from people that mess it up worse.

nah. like he said, if you mess something up, you delete the cookie and reload the page...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2009 0