• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editor strips line breaks

Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the non-rich editor, a default I prefer, all line breaks like this one:  are stripped from the posted content. This breaks code snippits, for instance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChivertonT wrote:

When using the non-rich editor, a default I prefer, all line breaks like this one:  are stripped from the posted content. This breaks code snippits, for instance.

yep, if you want to use it, you'll have  to get used to adding in tags. In the RTF there is the >> link that allows you to insert code. Don't know whether it's possible in the other tho. You can also click back and forth as much as you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that annoying? Yeah, I know the old forums didn't have some of these things, but if it's going to be taking up resources on my workstation-- it had better work!!!

I don't buy the argument that this was the best forum software that could be found. It's pretty crummy stuff, and I've seen lots better.

Look on Wiki. There's DOZENS to choose from, many free. These forums are too busy for most software? Please Adobe, get over yourselves if you really think that. Just like Amazon's site is too popular, or Ebay, or Google, or...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new forum seems an exervise in style ofver substance doesn't it ? I mean, woh neds to speelcheck stuf anyways, rigth ?  Or start ne w paragrpahs ...  Grrr.

Message was edited by: ChivertonT for effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a test

Did you access the "non-rich" editor by pressing the HTML button on the right? If so, you are in HTML mode, and that will explain why it is stripping < and > signs, and removing line breaks. That is because this places you in HTML editing mode, and you need to give the HTML commands for those things, which you will note are happening here in this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth would I want to edit the raw HTML if the rich text editor is so fab ? Might, it be because the rich version kills spell checking ? Ya think.... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kill's any SpellChecker working., Except couriosly the spell checker in SM/FF does work just on subject lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and to add insult to injury they've hijacked the right click menu, otherwise you could jsut select 'spell check' from the firefox menu.

Ejits.

There is no escape

Resistance is gutile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spellcheck.gif

I know this is asking a lot, but see that abc+checkmark up in the right corner of the rtf posting window? Try clicking it... and watch it put a red squiggly line under your misspelled words. Look somewhat familiar? Right click on those and pick one of the suggestions... or try again to get close enough that it can give you a decent suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geez, I sure wish I could remember the forum platform that had the ability—obviously it's not some place I go to frequently—but, there is code out there which will allow users to flip back and forth between RTF and pure HTML message composition modes, and to intermingle pure HTML and proprietary mark-up coding, and the formatting is properly parsed back & forth no matter how many times the users flip between input methods.

I say without hesitation that it was a delightful environment to work in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Geez, I sure wish I could remember the forum platform that had the ability—obviously it's not some place I go to frequently—but, there is code out there which will allow users to flip back and forth between RTF and pure HTML

actually, this place doesn't do that bad a job of just that... have you tried it? i've been doing it all day since i set html to be my default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines