Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Educational Order Fulfillment - No response from Adobe

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a UK copy of Adobe CS4 Web Premium (Student Edition) which requires activation via Adobe's form at www.adobe.com/go/studentedition_uk

I have completed this form and attached a copy of my student ID on June 24th (5 days ago) and heard nothing from Adobe, despite claims that a customer service advisor will deal with the form within 24 hours.

I have spoken to two customer service advisors via the "chat" fuction who have both promised that it will be looked at soon and I will recieve a serial number via e-mail but this has not happened.

Is there anything further I can do to aid this process and to be able to use the software I have paid for?

If anyone from Adobe is looking it is Case #0202202411.

Any help would be appreicihated,

Many Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suffering from rubbish customer service too - have you posted in the feedback forum? that's where people seem to gather with similar complaints, I don't know if it's monitored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kath, I will give that a go.

After looking at that forum, I cant belive a company like Adobe would have such terrible customer serivce problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not the only person with the same exact issue concerning the educational version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe offices are closed this week. Try to speak with them next week. Ask for a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. It is only North American operations that is closed. Try calling Customer Service and ask for a supervisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here since 9 june 2009 -Case #0202149838

I'm sorry that I did not read these forums before handing over my dough. Now where's that guy with the cracked version again..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Now where's that guy with the cracked version again..?

sad thing is adobe drives people to this.

and you know that for every person that jokes or half seriously considers it, there are dozens who won't even ask or mention it. they just need to get their work done and will turn to the cracked version at the 1st sign of DRM trouble to get access to the program they paid good money for because they don't have time to waste playing adobe's DRM game of hide the pea under the shell.

that's what happens when you treat your "customers" like potential thieves before they even get the program installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good post Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is at the repairshop getting viruses removed from his computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is at the repairshop getting viruses removed from his computer

maybe, and if so, maybe he should sue adobe because he couldn't use the program he legally purchased so had to resort to other means to finish his work while the ENTIRE COMPANY apparently went on "day-cation". WTF is that anyway?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the ENTIRE COMPANY apparently went on "day-cation". WTF is that anyway?!!

That was kinda my reaction: what do you mean the entire company was closed for a week?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Update - I have my serial number.

As in my previous post, I called them this morning and was fairly agressive in order to get my point across and finally (7 days after sending my student ID) I have a serial number, it works and I now have a legal copy of CS4 on my PC.

I suggest everyone else does the same. Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

excellent mark! great to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that I am not the only one with this issue. I have just spent 45mins on the phone to Adobe attempting to solve this. They have promised me that the serial will be with me within 24 hours, however I am not holding my breath...

Where do we go to officially complain about this? I cannot understand why a company like Adobe would have such problems with customer service. It is appalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines