• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

email advising of New ranking? Is it Spam?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I received this email - supposedly from the Community - It looks identical to your emails.

(From: community_noreply@adobe.com)

But I have NOT been active on the Community!

I am guessing it is spam?

---------------------------------------

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank.

Your new rank is New Here .

View your profile to see the rank

---------------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Yesterday this new forum was launched. So this mail is auto-generated to all those users who have their account in here irrespective of being active or not. They have introduce new badges, & may be your previous replies or question fell in some category of badge, so for that only you have received that email.

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

It is not a spam.

In new forum lot of badges are added. You have recieved email regarding that only.

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this - I also received the email and was concerned about it - you should be aware though that sending out n email with a link to "sign in to your profile" is one of the most common phishing methods. It is not good practice to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and no - I don't want to receive a "first reply badge". as per the email that has just come into my mail box. I have used the community in the past for serious queries - It isn't a game, I don't need or want to be awarded badges for participating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your pain, New forum has these newly added feature in it. They are working on it according to user feedback. May be if nobody likes it there might be chances that they will remove these badges. But till then we've to deal with this. You can turn off for the email from settings, & you will not receive any email if you deselect those options.

Best

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received two such "badge" emails even though I've not posted on the forums for a very long time, and I totally agree with lizd3701729 that such emails appear very likely to be phishing expeditions. Seeing these emails stressed me out because I was 90% convinced that my Adobe account had been hacked and hijacked.

Not very well thought out by the eager beavers at Adobe.

I too am not interested in receiving any badges either, just a nuisance and potential security hazard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As you know this community got changed completely from old forum overnight.

So it started from the scratch. You don't need to be afraid.

You can turn off your notification from coming to your email from setting options.

Now there are all options are available to turn off all notification from email.

Best

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sunil,

A bit confused about the rankings and badges though.

I have not been active on the forum for a few years!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday this new forum was launched. So this mail is auto-generated to all those users who have their account in here irrespective of being active or not. They have introduce new badges, & may be your previous replies or question fell in some category of badge, so for that only you have received that email.

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation. I'm sure I will use the Community again soon, when I pick up using Adobe again. The new forum looks good and is easy to use. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines