• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email Notification Threading

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Thunderbird, and I was wondering if there was any way to have email notifications sorted into threads. It's really hard to follow conversations through email, since without threads they're divorced of context.

If there's no way to get email threading working, are there any plans to implement this feature in the future?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Phillip Jones wrote on 3/20/2010 1:19 PM:

Its a defect in the program used for the forums and they will do nothing about it

Could you stick to the facts please? It is a Priority 1 issue for Jive

and they are working on the implementation:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/threads/50602

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a defect in the program used for the forums and they will do nothing about it All the need to do is hide the items in the Brackets  or come up with something to ignore the brackets when sending.

That's one of my pet peeves as well but because some many people think it more efficient to go through a web Browser and hunt for topics to read, rather than get a list of just the ones you want to read. they do nothing about it.

I find by using email Notifications I don't have to spend the whole day just looking for the topics I want to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote on 3/20/2010 1:19 PM:

Its a defect in the program used for the forums and they will do nothing about it

Could you stick to the facts please? It is a Priority 1 issue for Jive

and they are working on the implementation:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/threads/50602

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's news to me! we've been dealing with this since the switch from the old system to the Jive system. I figure it was something you just had to deal with. There are other forum softwares that works similar even have items to identify which for and the don't have a problem with this.

From Now on I'll just say its a bug they are working on.

Just read your link they say properly fixed in 4.0.0

Yet we are still using 2.5.16.

Not much a Priorty if we are almost 1.5 versions behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem has mentioned in the past that the bug was filed with them...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said. I was unaware of such. But then  read his link. seems they just got around to fixing it in Clearspace 4.0. we are stick stuck on 2.5.16. That means were are almost 1.5 version behind if you go by the increments they are changing on Adobe  of .03 increments. How long will that mean before we get to version 4. Devide 1.1.84 by .03 (last version we has was 2.5.13). and the update cycles are 6 to 9 months between Jive and Adobe.  Bugs should be updated as soon as they fixed.  They should be push as soon as fixed and tested, no more than 3 weeks at the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines