• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email Notifications suddenly on for every post

Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of last night I am getting email notifications of every post that I make and the replies to all posts. I have notifications turned off, it has never happened before, and it is slowing down my workflow considerably. I have to sort through 150 to 200 emails at least twice a day and I don't need the headache, I don't want to block all emails from the adobe, and it's annoying. Whatever was changed in the back end needs to be fixed. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, I see that you only have notifications enabled when you get a new badge.

I checked within your account and I think I found the culprit. It could be the 'My Follows' section. If you're following individual threads you may still get the notifications from those, even if you disabled them on a general level afterward.

Click on your profile icon > My Follows > tick all that apply and click 'unfollow'

You'll also have to be wary of the 'Email me when someone replies' box that shows under any reply for future posts.

Try this, give it a day to test if it worked and let me know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that nothing changed, I did not go into my account and change any settings, but the notifications just started May 6 at 12:00 PM. I did not change one thing in my settings or the way I reply to posts. I started unchecking the email when someone replies box late yesterday afternoon, but it does not make any difference. Carefully unchecked the box and unfollowed this thread and I'll see what happens. I also unfollowed the threads that showed up. The list didn't make any sense to me at all. It contained posts from a wide range of dates but didn't include more than about 10% of the posts I made since the oldest one on the list from October of 2019 - which was not the last post on the list. 

I also noticed 3 threads in the 10 that I checked that had no replies from me including this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/ae-cc-2019-86-1-error/td-p/10686483?page=1

I have no idea how or why a thread that I didn't reply to ended up on the following list. 

Somebody did something with the code or something broke somewhere. 

I also strongly suggest that you add a select all option to the Following list. It took me about 10 minutes to go through and select and delete everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Rick! Do that and let me know how it works. I've let engineering know about your issue anyway, in case they knew, but they haven't seen this before. They also will look into this.
Let me know of any updates and I'll do the same on my end 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off all notifications this morning. I also found about 210 new posts I am following and there were more emails in my inbox this morning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick for the follow-up. I'll update engineering on this. I'll get in touch with any updates or requests from them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut off all notifications and the email stopped but the list of posts keeps growing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I wanted to post that link in other thread: Not getting any forum emails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, engineering is still looking into this.
Can you share or send me via PM a screenshot of the first email you received on the 9th of May? Also a general view of the other email notifications you received.
I'm guessing this is still ongoing, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not keep any of the emails. I turned off all notifications and the emails have stopped. My Posts you are following number keeps going up but I don't use that feature anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks for confirming. Shared this with engineering regardless 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines